Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
kemosabe said:
Ditto on what jay said... Hope all goes well for Mrs. DanL with the doctor, tomorrow!!! :)
Success! (I think). Her eye surgeon was able to perform a nasty looking procedure to correct the problem with the flap (scraping her eye with some kind of metal tool :eek: ) and all looks well for now. Her next checkup is tomorrow AM. She was able to see quite a bit better this morning when she woke up and that alone lifted her spirits quite a bit. Of course, since they did today's procedure she can't see a thing again -- just gonna take time.

BTW, the trip to Frederick was beautiful! Sure beats the bumper to bumper DC beltway traffic we sat through on Monday when going to Rockville. The leaves are finally starting to really turn and there was a gorgeous shot just outside of Frederick where the morning sun was shining on some distant mountains. They were an intense golden yellow and the widest rainbow I've ever seen was just above them. I've never seen a rainbow like that -- it was just a huge horizontal band of color taking up half the sky. Man I wish I'd had a camera...:3:

· Registered
2,168 Posts
DanL said:
Success! (I think). Her eye surgeon was able to perform a nasty looking procedure to correct the problem with the flap (scraping her eye with some kind of metal tool :eek: ) and all looks well for now. Her next checkup is tomorrow AM. She was able to see quite a bit better this morning when she woke up and that alone lifted her spirits quite a bit. Of course, since they did today's procedure she can't see a thing again -- just gonna take time.

BTW, the trip to Frederick was beautiful! Sure beats the bumper to bumper DC beltway traffic we sat through on Monday when going to Rockville. The leaves are finally starting to really turn and there was a gorgeous shot just outside of Frederick where the morning sun was shining on some distant mountains. They were an intense golden yellow and the widest rainbow I've ever seen was just above them. I've never seen a rainbow like that -- it was just a huge horizontal band of color taking up half the sky. Man I wish I'd had a camera...:3:
My thoughts are certainly with Mrs. DanL, and I surely hope that the recent success will lead to continued progress. Keep us posted.

DanL , I, too, saw that gorgeous r a i n b o w coming up I-270 this morning on the way to my office in Frederick. Wow, it made an arc across the entire sky, with one end melting into the fall colors on the mountains. Once in the office, I found that everybody was standing at the windows, marveling at the scene.

I'm gonna have to start carrying my new digicam with me in the Pilot!

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Ziploc said:
...snip

I'm gonna have to start carrying my new digicam with me in the Pilot!
That large center console has a space carved out for my camera. :D Don't leave home without it.

(That or a disposable camera are good to have to get, heaven forbid, pictures if you're ever in an accident.)

· Registered
152 Posts
jay said:
[snipped](That or a disposable camera are good to have to get, heaven forbid, pictures if you're ever in an accident.)
That's a great idea - they're cheap enough and have sufficient quality. I'm guessing that leaving them in the Pilot in the winter cold won't hurt them, but how about the heat of summer?

MarkB

· Registered
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Mark B: Can you send me your e-mail address??? :confused:

You don't have a button underneath your posts, so the e-mail option is turned OFF for you on honda-pilot.org, but I need to send you some information... :4: :) :17:

Just click on my "email" button at the bottom of this post...

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Sorry I missed out on the second meeting. My Pilot was on the beach at Cape Hatteras. I went down to the outer banks with a group of guys to go fishing. My Pilot did better than the 4w Ram Pickup traveling with us in the sand. I did air down the tires to about 20 lbs but it did fine.

Keep me in mind for the next meeting.

· Registered
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
oldjeepman said:
Sorry I missed out on the second meeting. My Pilot was on the beach at Cape Hatteras. I went down to the outer banks with a group of guys to go fishing. My Pilot did better than the 4w Ram Pickup traveling with us in the sand. I did air down the tires to about 20 lbs but it did fine.

Keep me in mind for the next meeting.
oldjeepman: Sorry you couldn't make this luncheon -- it was lots of fun as you can see from some of the pictures!!!

Hey, since you just got back from the OBX, if you get a chance, perhaps you can answer roonie's concerns about the Pilot in the sand over in this thread... :8:

· Registered
408 Posts
Probably would be a good idea NOT to visit the above site since this person has only posted three times and they are all this same post. Beware of this joker.

· Premium Member
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,502 Posts
Probably would be a good idea NOT to visit the above site since this person has only posted three times and they are all this same post. Beware of this joker.

· Registered
42 Posts
so whens the next one

I would like to meet and check out some other pilots for ideas for upgrades?

· Registered
146 Posts
Re: so whens the next one

oviphagy said:
I would like to meet and check out some other pilots for ideas for upgrades?
When I saw this I thought the same thing about when the next one is. For my accord forums I normally host the BBQ's at my house but I am up for driving somewhere with fam of course. I am in NOVA about 30 minutes or so from Jay

· Registered
717 Posts
I would be interested some time in the future ( hopefully when its warmer ;-) ) but my availability is severely limited as I work weekends and several nights a week. Something to shoot/plan for. Anyone else have any interest?

101 - 119 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.