Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Touring / 2004 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my low beam with a Lasfit L1 H11 fanless bulb and I loved it so much I just bought the Lasfit high beam HB3 fanless bulb. My question is I can’t find anywhere more information about the daytime running light bulb replacement? Can I just replace it with one of the above bulbs?? Or is it a special bulb?

·
Registered
2011 Touring / 2004 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did find out the Daytime Running bulbs are the same as the High Beam bulbs but when switching to LED there may be flickering due to lower voltage and need a kit. I might just keep the old bulbs and save myself the headache

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did find out the Daytime Running bulbs are the same as the High Beam bulbs but when switching to LED there may be flickering due to lower voltage and need a kit. I might just keep the old bulbs and save myself the headache
My buddy is getting this 2011 Touring project. We'll work on it after we finished installing the headache rack and hard tonneau cover plus the rear bumper on the truck, and clear the garage. He's planning to convert the lights and headlight to LED including the DRL. Have you tried using a bypass?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I replaced my low beam with a Lasfit L1 H11 fanless bulb and I loved it so much I just bought the Lasfit high beam HB3 fanless bulb. My question is I can’t find anywhere more information about the daytime running light bulb replacement? Can I just replace it with one of the above bulbs?? Or is it a special bulb?
You should be able to pick their brains, since they show specific bulbs by year, make and model. For your car they are showing the same 9005 bulb for DRLs and High Beam. On my 2012 they are one in the same bulb, not separate bulbs. YMMV on the 2011. I'm not recommending you buy from them but just saying they may know what you need. (Look past the fact the picture of the car is wrong?)

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts

Careful, though. Even if they're both identified as 9005s, if you click on the DRL 9005s, they're only 480 lumens and much cheaper, whereas if you click on the high beam 9005s, they're 4,000 lumens and much more expensive. So not the same bulb.

Got the same result when I input my 2006. Even if you get past this discrepancy, the big question remains if the high beam 9005s will work correctly as lower voltage DRLs, as the stock halogens do. My experience with Fahren and Beamtech brand 9005 high beams was that they did not work, even adding two different types of inline decoders recommended by their respective manufacturers. YMMV.

Also, the Beamtechs and Fahrrens were rated as 8,000 lumens and 10,000 lumens respectively, while these "Superbrightbulbs" are only 4,000 lumens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts