Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day/night mirror automatically darkens when bright light hits it, effectively dimming at night without you having to do anything. The auto-dimming feature can be turned off by pushing a small button on the left bottom of the unit.

The mirror also has a compass. As you can see in the picture, my Pilot is facing East in the picture. The compass can be turned on and off with a small pushbutton on the right bottom of the unit.

Sorry for the blurry picture. My digicam kept focusing on the image in the mirror instead of the mirror itself. You can see the reflected house across the street from me very clearly though. It's for sale right now...

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A side view of the day/night mirror. The triangle-shaped box against the windshield is the sensor for the compass.

There are two wire bundles that pass in the open from the mag sensor and the mirror. In the picture the lower one is obvious but the other one can be seen above it. I will eventually do something about this tacky wiring but it works just fine the way it is for now.

In this picture you can see the two power buttons for the day/night and compass features of the mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Your mirror wires look pretty good compared to some dealer installed. Exposed green wire, etc. Good job! :29:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the compass. Just curious, what's the house selling for?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$197,000

3,000 square feet, five bedrooms, 1/2 acre, two-car garage, screened porch, yada, yada, yada.

Nice place.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ChuckW said:
$197,000

3,000 square feet, five bedrooms, 1/2 acre, two-car garage, screened porch, yada, yada, yada.

Nice place.
..:( :( :( can I move there....no wait if I complain about the house prices then the SF folks will start off too:3:

·
Registered
920 Posts
ChuckW said:
$197,000

Nice place.
OMG, you can't even touch a townhouse around here for at least 200k. WOW!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why so many people are moving to the South.

Wait. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this...

Attention Northerners!!!
There is no reason for any more northerners to move down here. No reason at all! The rumors of inexpensive housing, very low taxes, and very good weather are all false!!!! You do not need to move here, we have enough people already!!!!

Thank you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
178 Posts
$197,000

Holy Crap.

I've had more than a couple of friends here on Long Island cash out....some of them with 2 bedroom starter capes on 1/4 acre - for double that price (a few of them got even higher deals) and head in your direction......maybe I should look into this. Man - to leave the land of five-figure property taxes...that would be nice.

But....I guess I'm not the only one with these problems.....SF, NYC, Beantown......

CHUCKW - you may be getting a hondapilot.org neighbor......

I gotta go call a R.E. agent.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the mirror installed by the dealer. I like it a lot.

As for living in the South, it's really great down here. Fortunately we have a reputation for being somewhat backward, which keeps a lot of people from moving down to join us. :headshak:

We're not backward at all! We got that indoor plumbin' stuff just last year!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
How much did they charge for the mirror installed? A ball park amount is fine if you don't want to say the amount. Then i have to work on the wife to get this item.

Thanks,

·
Registered
252 Posts
The mirror lists for $195 at http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=08V03-S9V-100A&Category_Code=HP

A similar thread can be found at http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3198&highlight=mirror

The installation manual explicitly discourages DIYselfers from undertaking the job. Looks like a job for wwong!

As for moving to the south, y'all come down, the rumors about a certain school's fight song being "Duelling Banjos" is totally untrue.:2:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the delay. I think I paid around $30 to get it installed. Most things I'll do myself but this one was a little too involved for me to feel comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ChuckW said:
Sorry for the delay. I think I paid around $30 to get it installed. Most things I'll do myself but this one was a little too involved for me to feel comfortable doing it.
thats it....from the dealer??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone know the voltages on the 3 wires (and the order) to the Day/Night mirror? I'd like to tap in for my radar detector.

Carl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts