Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of new 2020 Pilot EX. And, of a 2013 EX as well.

For the 2020 there is a camera by the rear view mirror collecting data for the ACC and the LKAS. Can that data be accessed? I usually install aftermarket dashcams on my cars to protect myself against idiots. If I don't have to that would be great.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It's easy enough to install a dash cam and pick up the power from the floor fuse box by the driver's left foot. I don't think I would want to try and collect any data from the ACC or LKAS since who knows what parameters they need to run at. Also, I don't even know if that camera renders a true picture of anything. If you watch when the ACC is on, all you are getting is a car symbol, same as the LKAS showing the lane markings as solid or transparent. Interesting question though.

Linked below is an extensive discussion regarding the dash cam and where to pick up power. I used fuse location #12 which was blank on my Touring AWD and is powered by the ignition switch. It also doesn't lose power when my Auto Idle kicks in which I always have on. Others have picked up power from the overhead mirror.

Dash Cam Install

·
Registered
736 Posts
One other thought, while the car is stopped at a light or driving below a certain speed, the ACC and LKAS don't display anything. They are speed sensitive. A dash cam will continue recording while stopped or moving at a slow speed and will pick up anything in it's field of vision. Handy to record red light runners who may hit you or other events when the ACC and LKAS aren't on.

So I'm not even sure you would have anything to collect data from while stopped or driving below the threshold of the ACC and LKAS working.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I kept my Rexcam when I traded in my CRV for the 2020 Pilot and I will install it on the new car. I traditionally wouldn't attempt to tie into internal power and instead just plugged into one of the cigarette lighters, but I like the idea of having no hanging wires. Thank you for the link I'll check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts