Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Dashcam and hardwire kit I want to install so that dashcam can record even in the parking mode. I see the fuse box and my kit has three wires

-- Power (I need to hook it up to all time batter power, even the car is in parking and Lock mode)
-- Ground
-- Ignition

Has some installed dashcam with the same configuration? I need to know which fuse I need to hook up to

Thanks for the help in advanced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just use a tester. It's a cheap device that looks like a soldering iron and connects to ground and when you put the pokey end in the positive you know if the bulb lights up that you have a complete circuit. They're under 10 dollars and more useful than guessing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same situation 😅
I have Dashcam and hardwire kit I want to install so that dashcam can record even in the parking mode. I see the fuse box and my kit has three wires

-- Power (I need to hook it up to all time batter power, even the car is in parking and Lock mode)
-- Ground
-- Ignition

Has some installed dashcam with the same configuration? I need to know which fuse I need to hook up to

Thanks for the help in advanced.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts
The drivers power seat adjustments still work without the ignition being on so I used one of those fuse locations Fuse Box Diagram Honda Pilot (2016-2020..)

You need to buy low profile taps to piggy back your dashcam’s hardwire kit cable. I used these:

Gebildet 12V 24V Low Profile Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap, ACS Miniature Piggy Back Blade Fuse Holder with Wire Harness, 6 pcs Fuse (3A 5A 7.5A 10A 15A 20A) and Fuse Puller (Pack of 4) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078T7G1C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_j5AXFbEV19RD9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Aside from a low profile add-a-circuit fuse tap, you'll also need to have a 12v to 5v converter. I bought these from amazon.

If you don't have a converter, powering a dash cam with 12v will fry it.

Attached is how I wired mine dash cam. My add a circuit fuse tap was slotted into fuse #12 which was already empty. It is only hot when acc or on. It has no power when vehicle is off. My basically just cut the USB wire that came with my dash cam and wire it directly into the 12v to 5v converter.

Here is a video of someone doing the same thing on youtube.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD w/Sensing
98 Posts
My hardwire kit does the 12v to 5v conversion. I used #26 lumbar support for always on, and the empty #12 slot for the ACC (switched) line. This is a 2018 EX-L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts