Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok piloteers...y'all helped me so much with the suggestions and now that it's finally fixed I'm gonna start other projects...on the chopping block today is the air vents just below the radio...I know that in order to fix them I had to order the middle part of the dash...so now my question is how in tarnation do I take the middle dash apart.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts

·
Registered
9,292 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for that video, bit I've seen it already and unfortunately it's not the correct vehicle...

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
Thank you for that video, bit I've seen it already and unfortunately it's not the correct vehicle...
C'mon fatdog, lets add the model year of your girlfriends Pilot to your profile. 2004....

I googled 2004 and its really not much different........

Its also explained in multiple threads in the Radio section of this forum.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I know is it's a 2004 Honda pilot, not sure if it's EX Or what, I'll take a video or pix of what I'm talking about...I'll post them shortly...

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,844 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it does but I already bought the part and surprisingly it wasn't that expensive...now just gotta wait for it to get here so I can figure out how to remove it...​

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Looks like an LX from the looks of your HVAC system. Anyway, try using the video I posted as your guide. Things go fine when you do them in the order shown, Worked fine for me when I installed my GTA Car Kit a few years ago, and I'll be using the same approach when replacing a few recently burned out climate control lights soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I'm thinking it's an LX, at least that's what I read written in the owners manual...I did order the part, found it on a oem honda website...and I also found one on eBay and was able to see the back side and from what it looks like it's just snapped in and no bolts or screws hold it in...thank you everyone for all the help...as my projects get done I'll post pix...again, thank you everyone...

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
That is the LX version.
Upload video to You tube and post link.

Radio stack removal is pretty much identical. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts