Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I attempted to install a cell phone Mount on my dashboard today. It was a complete failure. Has anyone been able to successfully do this on a third gen? The mounting disk would not stick to the dash no matter what in tried - the attached 3M tape would not hold. I then tried Gorilla tape, Flex Tape, Duct tape, packing tape, etc. Nothing sticks. I assume at this point I am sol but thought I'd ask here anyway.

Sent from my Samsung Phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok so I attempted to install a cell phone Mount on my dashboard today. It was a complete failure. Has anyone been able to successfully do this on a third gen? The mounting disk would not stick to the dash no matter what in tried - the attached 3M tape would not hold. I then tried Gorilla tape, Flex Tape, Duct tape, packing tape, etc. Nothing sticks. I assume at this point I am sol but thought I'd ask here anyway.

Sent from my Samsung Phone using Tapatalk
Pro Clip

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have the same issue with every rental I've gotten in the past 4-5 years. Manufacturers have really changed their dash designs and there is no flat place for a sticky mount to go. I've gone to Pro Clip mounts in my daily drivers, but haven't found a good temporary solution for rental cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts