Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Pilot. I've had the alarm lights shown on the attached photo on since April last year. A previous post resulted in several recommendations, but not related to these specific lights. From all appearances the car runs well. But I would really like to turn these off or find out if they are really meaningful.I bought a tester (about $40) but it was no help. My mechanic's tester wasn't either. I really want to avoid going to the dealer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
You have 2 (maybe 3) options.
1. buy a scanner that can read Honda specific codes
2. Take it to a dealer/mechanic that can read Honda specific codes
3. Start throwing parts at it
....4. Since its been on for about a year, maybe just leave it be?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(y) Almost the same as my 3 options. :D
  • You all overestimate my knowledge of acronyms. What does OBD stand for? Am I correct to think that it is the test connector under the dash?
  • What does TCS stand for?
  • What is "code 84"?
  • On step 2 of your solution, should I just turn the key to the on position or turn the engine on?
  • Is the jumper you are suggesting permanent or is it to be removed after a successful step 6 on your solution?
  • Am I correct to assume that I turn the ignition OFF and then back on to check the errors?
  • Why are the second set of 4 steps needed? (or should I open the beer bottle after the first 6?)

Please clarify and I'll give it a try. I hope the pins on the connector are labeled.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
  • You all overestimate my knowledge of acronyms. What does OBD stand for? Am I correct to think that it is the test connector under the dash?
  • What does TCS stand for?
  • What is "code 84"?
  • On step 2 of your solution, should I just turn the key to the on position or turn the engine on?
  • Is the jumper you are suggesting permanent or is it to be removed after a successful step 6 on your solution?
  • Am I correct to assume that I turn the ignition OFF and then back on to check the errors?
  • Why are the second set of 4 steps needed? (or should I open the beer bottle after the first 6?)

Please clarify and I'll give it a try. I hope the pins on the connector are labeled.

Thanks,

Ed
  • On-Board Diagnostics; yes, the port under the dash
  • In the link, someone uses it instead of VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist), which I corrected at the time
  • Code 84 is an error code indicating Neutral position needed reset
  • Just on.
  • Remove when done
  • Yes
  • It's the main part. Don't skip it. (but do enjoy the beer when you're done, as well)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  • In the link, someone uses it instead of VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist), which I corrected at the time
  • Just on.
  • Remove when done
  • Yes
  • It's the main part. Don't skip it. (but do enjoy the beer when you're done, as well)

View attachment 147124
  • Just on.
  • Remove when done
  • Yes

View attachment 147124
Thanks a million for your detailed instructions. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
True dat. Remember you may be looking at the OBD port upside down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts