Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 touring with 29K miles on it. Recently while driving on a bumpy road, I can hear rattling from driver side. Right in front towards where windshield and dash meet. Like loose dash. Any thought here. I am afraid either dealer cannot duplicate or simply bring more rattles by taking dash apart.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its been a few years since this was posted, but I'm very interested to hear if other '13 Pilot owners are experiencing the same dash rattle (drivers side, around the edges between the corner of the left side and the windshield), and if there has been a resolution found. The two Honda dealers I've taken our Pilot to have been unable to find a resolution - they spray a sort of foam into the cracks beneath the dash and the noise goes away for a blissful week or two and then slyly returns.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Mine was making some annoying rattly noises during some winter drives, mostly on uneven and poorly-cleared roads. I cut a couple inch-long pieces of soft clear vinyl tubing I had in a project bin, and just wedged them between the bottom end of the A-pillar trim and glass. I also re-squeezed that a-pillar trim some first, as it looked like it was not even along the gap to the glass. The pressure from the flattened tubing is enough to kill the rattling. Plus the clear tubing disappears behind the black border of the glass.

I do have a small concern that those two little pieces will be projectiles if the A-pillar airbags deploy. I don't know which way those trim pieces go on bag deploy, making it a little hard to predict which way the little tubing sections will launch. Something like a 94% chance the piece won't launch directly into an eye, but a 99%+ chance they will end up there in a crash. Fig Newton's Fourth Law of Blind Probability if my memory serves me...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine also rattles when cold. Seems to be the front left corner of top dash. I had the windshield replaced and suspect a clip is missing or loose. Haven’t had time to look into it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The little 3/4"-long pieces of clear hose stuffed in the bottom corner did the trick nicely. Cheap, easy, fast, invisible, leaves no scars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts