Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would also note that during the transmission replacement I seem to have made a couple minor mistakes. Overall I’m pretty happy with the replacement (nothing expensive broke). But I’ve noticed now that the gear lights on the dash are finicky. Mainly the D light, which doesn’t always turn on even when the car shifts into Drive. If I tap the shift lever down a little bit it will turn on and stay on. Obviously this is not a serious mechanical problem as the car shifts just fine, still puzzling though. I know it’s not the solenoids because the dealer ran a full test and verified that they are working properly.
Secondly, in the process of removing the wheel assembly, I ripped the wire out of my drivers side ABS sensor. Wanting to avoid replacing the entire ABS wiring, I picked one up at the junkyard, cut the wire, and then soldered it to the existing wire. This didn’t work because of the way the wiring is structured on the ABS and I have an “ABS” light on the dash. Not a big deal, I can live without it. But when I go to sell the car I will want to fix it. Has anyone replaced one of these sensors? I’m assuming the wiring runs to the braking system but it doesn’t look easy to access. Anything helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, it sounds like your Neutral Safety Switch needs to be tweaked a little bit. Second, I have had no luck with soldering ABS wires. I just go to the junkyard, and pull the sensor and the wiring all the way to where it ends, or is a connector.
I'll give that a try!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
First, it sounds like your Neutral Safety Switch needs to be tweaked a little bit.
Aka transmission range sensor.

If that doesn't do it, then perhaps shift cable?

If you've already tried the transmission range sensor, then how about the shift cable?

Found the on the Oddy forum:

how to adjust a shift cable

Or get a replacement here:

Honda Shift Cable - Guaranteed Genuine from HondaPartsNow.com

There are also some fuses and wiring you could check:

Honda won’t shift out of park — Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice

Maybe first just this lube job:

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
216 Posts
Side note, since I just went through this. If none of your letters light up, your NSS (range sensor) is faulty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts