Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member with a question. I had a Momento M6 dual cash cam installed- hard wired- and am having problems with it. The Install place is reputable and going to stand behind their work and fix, but there are a few concerns I have. My 2019 Pilot Elite has the auto- start/stop which I have read on other sites, stops the camera recording when your auto stop turns your car off, unless it is properly wired, and my Pilot also has an ATT Hot Spot which is activated also, and it appears that my camera keeps jumping from my wifi to cars hot spot. Just trying to get some thoughts. I thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,331 Posts
They should have wired it to an always on source of power rather than one that shuts off when the engine does.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It may seem tedious, but you should get in the habit of turning auto stop/start off every time you get in the car. It’s the button on the very bottom of the gear selector if you didn’t know. You’ll save money on batteries, and your engine won’t wear as fast. Honda put in this “feature” to save gas at expense of faster wear and tear.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Can't help you with the hot spot but there is an empty live fuse circuit by the drivers foot. I don't see you year or model listed, but my 2019 Touring had it in fuse location #28. Have my dash cam connected there and never had it shut off with the start/stop function.

There are some owner's who like the stop/start. I have had mine turned on since day one and have had no problem for the past 17 or 18 months. Having the 120000 mile 96 month 0 deductible Honda Care warranty, I have no concerns about the engine wearing faster, or saving money on batteries. Been lots of owners who have replaced batteries within 36-48 months who DON'T have the start/stop function.

Post #6 in this link

Connecting dash cam power

Reactions: zmarke01
1 - 4 of 4 Posts