Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I want tuck in dash cam wiring to front pillar but its written SRS on it.

Should i try? I am asking because i read somewhere don’t make any customization near SRS fittings.

Kindly suggest cable route otherwise

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put one in the middle, up against the rear view mirror. Power is already there, just route it to the map lights. Can’t even see it from the drivers perspective. Works great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ellis,

can you guide me little more

My dashcam has cigarette lighter power adopter and I fixed cam behind rear mirror too but if I bring cable straight down it looks too ugly. I am able to tuck in inside roof edge (border of windscreen and interior ceiling) but when i reach the pillar, its almost no space to hide the cable. If I am able to conceal the cable on the pillar side then I can reach to cigarette lighter port easily.

If I route to map lights, I need cut and joint cable somewhere? I dont think so cigarette lighter kind power port is there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The plastic piece on the windshield that the rear view mirror wires go thru comes off very easy. I mounted the camera on the glass using the adhesive and the power wire routes up there to the dome light area. Just cut and splice the wires to one that is “always on” and that’s it. Here is a thread, not mine but close. It was very easy.

Here is only pic I can find, not great but you can see there are no wires showing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts