Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a Rexing v1lg cam in the 09 ex-l and wanted to hardwired it. In the fuses box next to the parking brake I see a few open fuse locations but it doesn't say the amp rating for them on the lower plastic trim. I ordered a multi-meter to see which is hot with/without the ignition turned on but I've never used on before. Didn't know if anyone knew about the open fuse location or has installed this way before. Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
By open fuse location, I assume you mean a fuse slot that does not have a fuse in it currently. I guess you could use one of those, since the Rexing v1lg only pulls 450mAh of power. I've never done that with the 5 dash cam installs I've performed. I prefer to know which circuit my cam is connected to, which is why I always used identified cirucuits. For example my favorite hot fuse is the 12V outlet (i.e.: cig lighter) if accessible since the cam would be plugged into it's dash outlet anyway. My least favorite circuit would be something like door locks, to avoid accidentally overloading. And yes, I always confirm fuse location power with a multi-meter, especially no-power once the engine is off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..the hardwire kit the dashcam came with has a inline fuse and ground wire to hook up. It doesn't allow for a piggy back on a already filled fuse location like I have done for other hardwire connections ( radar detector, etc..).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts