Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Pilot has buttons for the Hazard lights and 4 Wheel Drive on the left side of the dash and two blanks for buttons on the right side of the dash. I have two questions:

1) What are the blanks on the right reserved for?
2) Is there anywhere I can buy buttons to fit those blanks?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Honda puts blanks in all the cars to allow customers to add accessories that require a button or a switch. i.e. amplifiers, fogs, special lighting, etc.................

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Could also be for countries with right hand drive setups. i.e. 4WD and hazards on the other side of the dash.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is that the buttons are odd-shaped. If they are for right-hand drive Pilots should I look for the buttons in the UK?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Last I checked, you could not buy the Pilot in the UK nor right hand drive. Only made for US, Canada, and UAE as I have seen on the forum so far. (The ones here in Germany are being sold to Americans and are US Spec.)

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have asked the parts department at my dealer and have had no luck. I need to add accessories, and want to use "factory style" buttons. Anyone find anything?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has found a solution.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Anyone from Canada have heated seats?

I've always suspected the blanks are where the seat heater controls are in Canadian models. Kind of a dumb place to put them but I've never seen a pic of the Canadian model interior.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Anyone from Canada have heated seats?

krygny said:
I've always suspected the blanks are where the seat heater controls are in Canadian models. Kind of a dumb place to put them but I've never seen a pic of the Canadian model interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump!

Has anyone found right-side buttons yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I remember seeing that button area filled on the MDX with a switch to enable the passenger to turn off the airbag system on the passenger side. The second button underneath was for something else but I can't remember.

Wonder if they just use the same dash hardware for the Pilot.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was on a business trip to India a few weeks back and looked for these elusive (or nonexistant) buttons at a dealership there.

I now know they don't sell the Pilot in India.

Oh well...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Mackie said:
I think I'll have to design a fake "passenger ejection seat enable" button to fill one of those slots :D
:19:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I don't think that you can replace the two buttons on the right side of the Center Panel Assembly because:

1. The top right button acts as your access panel to remove the Center Panel Assembly. You have to pry the "button" off in order to gain easy access for removal of it.

2. The bottom right button is non-removable. It looks to be permanently molded into the plastic and it would require some major mods to turn it into a functioning button.

Thus, my conclusion is that you'll be very hard-pressed to find two functioning right side buttons without some major custom install job...

Here is a photo of the back of the Center Panel Assembly when I took it apart to get to the radio head unit:

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm new here! Please don't shoot me if I'm wrong!!
I seem to remember if you get a sub-woofer kit, there is an on/off switch installed on the right side lower button.
I'll have to find the installation instruction on sub-woofer to confirm this. If anyone interested, I'll look for that pdf file.
However, why would one need another sub-woofer under the passenger seat!?!!?!!!
Maybe, just maybe to take care of the vibration problem!!??!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ESW: Yes, I for one, would be interested in seeing the installation instructions from the sub-woofer kit, if you can dig it up!!! :)

I think ChuckW might still be interested in this, also... Like I said, when I took apart the Center Panel Assembly, it looks like the lower right button would be a pain to replace with a functional button... :8:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts