Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention DanL!!!

This thread is a temporary one to discuss something with DanL and will be deleted shortly...

DanL: You gave me the following measurements in the photo below... Can you double check the radio head unit dimensions for me??? :confused:

Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry, the radio head unit is 4 11/32" (4.335" actually) which is pretty darn close to 4 3/8". I sent you the measurement of the climate control unit by mistake... :(

So, the radio head unit is the same size as the combination of the DVD and heated seat switches panel (4 3/8").

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, DanL!!! I'm trying to add an in-dash cd changer (the Honda OEM) to my EX-L RES and needed to find out what the dimensions are -- thanks a bunch!!! :7:

This thread will be deleted shortly...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
kemosabe said:
...This thread will be deleted shortly...
Is it time yet?
How about now?
Okay, how about now?

:jump3:

·
Registered
260 Posts
tim.s said:
Is it time yet?
How about now?
Okay, how about now?

:jump3:
You know, Kemo...I think this thread is rather useful. How about making it Sticky? :2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think honda-pilot.org has its own set of stand-up comedian wanna-be's in tim.s and DanL...

kemosabe ===>:twak:<=== tim.s

kemosabe ===>:twak:<=== DanL

Just for that, I'm NOT gonna delete this thread... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I haven't checked lately...is this thread still here?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:

Just for that, I'm NOT gonna delete this thread... :D :D :D
maybe its time for me to wave my "Deletion wand":2: :2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tim.s said:
I haven't checked lately...is this thread still here?
Forget which wireless phone commercial I'm stealing this from... :confused:

Can you see it, now? Good...
:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ramirami said:
maybe its time for me to wave my "Deletion wand":2: :2:
Hey, this is a family site. Keep that to yourself.:14:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
Forget which wireless phone commercial I'm stealing this from... :confused:

:2: :2: :2:
That would be VERIZON!!!

Can you hear me now? Good!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keeping This Thread

Several people (including Pilot4jen&mook and ollicat) have asked for these dimensions so I've decided to keep this thread around and refer to it as needed...

...the total height is 4.384" with the top half being 2.393" and the bottom half being 1.991" (approximately) courtesy of DanL's digital calipers...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemo since its your thread...could you change the thread name and move it to a better forum so its no longer only for the viewing pleasure of DanL:2: :2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ramirami said:
kemo since its your thread...could you change the thread name and move it to a better forum so its no longer only for the viewing pleasure of DanL:2: :2:
I thought about that, but decided against it because when I've needed to find this thread, the keyword(s) that allow me to get to it quickly are in the title...

...plus, since I know that it's in the DC Metro forum, I can get to it more quickly than if it were buried in the "Audio & Electronics" or "Accessories" forums!

·
Registered
152 Posts
kemosabe said:
I thought about that, but decided against it because when I've needed to find this thread, the keyword(s) that allow me to get to it quickly are in the title...

...plus, since I know that it's in the DC Metro forum, I can get to it more quickly than if it were buried in the Electronics or Accessories forums!
kemo,

Ummm... You are joking, aren't you? The title is Attention DanL and it's in the D.C. area club forum. That has nothing to do with the size of dashboard openings. You didn't put in any smilies, so it looks like you're not joking. :D

Mark B

Mark B ---> :headslap: <--- Kemo

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mark B said:
kemo,

Ummm... You are joking, aren't you? The title is Attention DanL and it's in the D.C. area club forum. That has nothing to do with the size of dashboard openings. You didn't put in any smilies, so it looks like you're not joking. :D

Mark B

Mark B ---> :headslap: <--- Kemo
Okay, okay... if one more person asks that I change the title and move it to an appropriate forum, I will! :4: :) :17:

I'm a creature of habit and when I need the dimensions, I know to look for the "Attention DanL" title... :bonk:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
kemosabe said:
Okay, okay... if one more person asks that I change the title and move it to an appropriate forum, I will! :4: :) :17:

I'm a creature of habit and when I need the dimensions, I know to look for the "Attention DanL" title... :bonk:
How about "No Double Din as illustrated by DanL," or "DanL Says--No Double Din." Just don't call us late for dindin. :D :D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jay said:
How about "No Double Din as illustrated by DanL," or "DanL Says--No Double Din." Just don't call us late for dindin. :D :D
Hey, jay, it's time for dindin... :25:

Due to the pressure that I was receiving from my fellow honda-pilot.org members, I finally gave in and moved this thread to the Audio & Electronics forum and renamed it DanL Provides Dimensions... :blahblah: :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts