Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Has Your Pilot Sustained Any Body Damage?

• Yes, major or moderate body damage (in accident with another vehicle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, minor body damage (in accident with another vehicle)

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Yes, but just minor body or windshield damage (dings, small scratches, etc)

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Very little or no damage

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I've got a 2004, nothing yet

Votes: 23 26.4%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body Damage to Your Pilot?

I've heard people say their feeling towards their brand new vehicle changes after the first time it sustains damage, even a door ding.

So far, I guess I'm lucky....only a little half-moon mark in the windshield glass (from a stone) after 1 year 3 months and 17,000 miles.

So, what kind of damage (if any) has your Pilot sustained? I'll be interested to see how many 2003 owners are still "honeymooning" with a "perfect" vehicle.

· Registered
619 Posts
Hit the stupid garage door backing out as it was still going up. Brain fade-o-rama! Only damage is scratches on the rear spoiler...

· Registered
190 Posts
2 little things: 1 door ding in the front passenger fender right above the wheelwell. (Still had red paint on it when I found it) and a scuff on the rear bumper where it looks like someone tried to close the garage door without pulling all the way in.

· Registered
3,327 Posts
A tiny little scratch on the rear right (passenger side) door. My wife still hates me parking 25 miles away from store, mall, etc.... entrances...

· Registered
7,945 Posts
scratched on the front bummer by a moron who hit my pilot in a parking lot :3: :3: :3:

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far, seems like parking lots and one's own garage are the leading threats to Pilot perfection!

Often, when Mr. Z and I are shopping and the only parking space we can find is a tight squeeze, I'll sit out in the car while he goes inside the store...... to keep an eye on would-be door dingers as they enter/exit their vehicles next to ours (not to mention unattended shopping carts on the move). I think my attempts at surveillance have really helped to keep the exterior in pretty fine shape, thus far anyway.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
One month after buying the Pilot in 12/02, came out to see that someone had backed into the front end. The lower trim was squashed. The plastic trim around the grill was broken. The front end of the hood was bent down (the kind of damage done by a rear mounted spare tire).

$500 deductible :3:

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Ziploc said:
So far, seems like parking lots and one's own garage are the leading threats to Pilot perfection!

Often, when Mr. Z and I are shopping and the only parking space we can find is a tight squeeze, I'll sit out in the car while he goes inside the store...... to keep an eye on would-be door dingers as they enter/exit their vehicles next to ours (not to mention unattended shopping carts on the move). I think my attempts at surveillance have really helped to keep the exterior in pretty fine shape, thus far anyway.
I even know people who'll park in valet parking, leaving one member of the party with the vehicle to move it if the "valet police" cruise by.;)

· Registered
476 Posts
Got rear ended the first week I had the Pilot. Two teenagers headed to the Jersey shore, not paying attention.

No damage.

Recently, got hit in a parking lot (I wasn't there) so the corner of the rear bumper is all scraped up. No body damage, just needs paint.

And Honda doesn't make spray paint, just the nail polish stuff.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jay said:
I even know people who'll park in valet parking, leaving one member of the party with the vehicle to move it if the "valet police" cruise by.;)
Guess what? I think I just may know the people you're talking about......;) :18:

· Registered
2,355 Posts
No dings, dents, or scratches!

· Registered
601 Posts
Ziploc said:

Often, when Mr. Z and I are shopping and the only parking space we can find is a tight squeeze, I'll sit out in the car while he goes inside the store......
Wow, and I thought I was the only crazy person who would "stand watch" over my car while my wife shopped. My wife, however, would be the last person to stay in the car while I shopped.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
guitarman said:

Wow, and I thought I was the only crazy person who would "stand watch" over my car while my wife shopped. My wife, however, would be the last person to stay in the car while I shopped.
Mr. Z isn't as paranoid as I am about keeping people away from the Pilot in the parking lot!!!!!

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wwong said:
No dings, dents, or scratches!
Good for you, wwong! Do you take any particular precautions to avoid the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" (i.e., keep your Pilot nice), or are you just lucky???? :4:

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I see that there are 13 (2003) Pilots thus far that remain virtually perfect---Wow!

Hope your luck continues!

(I'm still smarting to this day over a hailstorm beating the heck out of my pretty '98 Civic three days after I bought it....)

· Registered
29 Posts
I got two marks (paint removed, very small) on passenger side made by people slamming their doors in parking lot. I am very annoyed. I usually park very far away in parking lots where nobody parked. When I come back I usually found someguy (usually big trucks) parked next to me. I dont know whether it happens to others. Why these guys dont park in other spaces which are vacant. Maybe PILOT attract other drivers..

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
coimbatorein said:
I got two marks (paint removed, very small) on passenger side made by people slamming their doors in parking lot. I am very annoyed. I usually park very far away in parking lots where nobody parked. When I come back I usually found someguy (usually big trucks) parked next to me. I dont know whether it happens to others. Why these guys dont park in other spaces which are vacant. Maybe PILOT attract other drivers..
coimbatorein, make no mistake, you've got lots of company when it comes to complaints about carelessness in parking lots, including why the heck some wiseguys insist on parking real-snug right next to you when there are plenty of other spaces. :mad: Many of your fellow Piloteers have discussed parking lot adventures in various threads on this board...check it out.

· Registered
403 Posts
I'm lucky so far. Parking lot is alway a scary place. I avoid parking next to 2 door cars because their doors are longer. I'd never park next to something like a beatuen up Camaro.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.