Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I disconnected the negative battery terminal for about 3minutes....my wife drove the car no d blinking for 30 miles....until shes on her way back home....so at this point my last resort is to take it to the Honda dealership ,and see what they tell me

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
No need to start a new thread on the same topic as your last thread. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I just brought home my 2012 pilot from the dealer paid for diagnosis($140.40) code came up P0741 torque converter clutch circuit problem,cleared the code, and tech said "possible" transmission problem...as I stated I already had my trans scanned with no codes before this...drained& refilled trans fluid...and it still runs fine....oh and blinking D light came back on...any suggestions?

·
Registered
61 Posts
These are the most common problems that can cause the P0741 in the Pilot:

Bad Torque Converter Lockup Solenoid– The solenoid that allows the torque converter to lock up is often the culprit. Here’s a good video on how to diagnose and repair the TCC Solenoid. This can be a tough problem for the shade tree mechanic to deal with. It involves a lot of checking for circuit resistance and testing the wiring. That being said, it sure doesn’t hurt to follow the wiring and see if you can find any noticeable issues.
Bad Torque Converter Clutch– The clutch itself can go bad, just like a manual transmission. The good news is that when this clutch goes out the transmission will still take you to where you need to go. Even if it does so at a slightly higher RPM.
Short in the TCC– A short in the wiring going from the TCC to the TCM can cause the P0741.
Bad TCM– The transmission control module itself can be the cause of P0741 in your Pilot. Although, it’s probably not going to be the first place that you should check. The wiring should be the first place that you should check, as it will most likely be the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts