Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just visiting the forum so sorry if this has been covered before. I am currently out of town for work and my wife called me this morning to tell me a "D" flashing light came on, on her dash as well as a CEL. She said it was/is driving normal but she pulled over anyway and cut the car off and back on but both lights stayed on. I won't be able to get home until tomorrow night to check it out but would like some things to start with. She has a 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 2wd w/approximately 93k miles on it and still under extended warranty. Any help would be appreciated as I will only be home for a few days before I'm gone again for work so short time to work on it. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Can't say much w/o knowing the codes. In the interim, while you wait for a dealer appointment, ask your wife to head over to an Autozone or Advance Auto. They will pull the codes for free in only a few minutes. Then, you'll have some idea of what's going on before taking it in.

Just thought of this -- Do you have a VCMuzzler installed? If so, it can trip a P0128 sometimes when the seasons change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not know what a VCMuzzler was until I just looked it up so to answer your question, no, i do not have one installed. Is this a must?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had this same issue happen to me a few months ago. After searching this forum, I found out it was the 4th gear pressure switch for the transmission. My pilot would not shift into 4th gear. Since you are under extended warranty, just take it to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts