Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D.C. Pilot Luncheon Photos

The 1st D.C. Metro Area Pilot luncheon was held today, Saturday, June 14th at 11:30am in Thurmont, MD at the Cozy Restaurant...

Here is a recap (from kemosabe's perspective) of today's events along with photos (from kemosabe's digicam).

But first, these are the folks who showed up:

<table border=1 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><caption><font color=red size=+1>Final Attendee List</font><th> <th>Member<th>Pilot Color<th>Number Attending<tr><td align=center><b>1</b><td>Ziploc<td>Starlight Silver Metallic<td>2 Adults</tr><tr><td align=center><b>2</b><td>kemosabe<td>Sandstone Metallic<td>1 Adult</tr><tr><td align=center><b>3</b><td>PaulV7<td>Sage Brush Pearl<td>2 Adults</tr><tr><td align=center><b>4</b><td>klowry<td>Sage Brush Pearl<td>1 Adult</tr><tr><td align=center><b>5</b><td>aerostar45<td>Taffeta White<td>2 Adults</tr><tr><td align=center><b>6</b><td>weekendpilot<td>Sandstone Metallic<td>2 Adults, 2 Children (5 & 6)</tr><tr><td align=center><b>7</b><td>Rumlmkt<td>Redrock Pearl<td>2 Adults, 1 Child (6)</tr></table><p>
I did receive two last minute cancellations via e-mail last night: Mark B and colousa told me that they couldn't make it... :(

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I met up with Ziploc (and Mr. Ziploc) at 10am at a local Starbucks and followed them up to the Cozy Restaurant. The trip took about 40-45 minutes. When we finally arrived, PaulV7 (Sage Brush) and Rumlmkt (Redrock Pearl) were already in the parking lot and a few minutes later, weekendpilot (Sandstone Metallic) showed up. Here is the first shot of the early birds from left to right: Rumlmkt, weekendpilot, Ziploc, PaulV7, and kemosabe:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
klowry showed up a little later and I was able to snap off this second group photo. klowry's Sage Brush is the one on the left (ignore that darn Chevy pickup truck -- although the gentleman who owned it was kind enough to ask me if he should move it outta the way -- I politely told him not to worry about it):

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another group shot from a different angle!!!

From left to right: klowry, Rumlmkt, weekendpilot, Ziploc, PaulV7, and kemosabe.

We were lucky enough to find a stretch of spaces along the far back edge of the parking lot where we could fit all of our Pilots... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aerostar45 and his wife were the last to show up in their white Pilot... This group picture shows aerostar45's Pilot nestled between Ziploc's Silver and PaulV7's Sage Brush:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may have noticed in the previous photo that there are EIGHT Pilots in the picture, yet only 7 members showed up! Well, we had a "surprise" visitor in a Havasu Blue that parked in the far right space...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the Havasu Blue Pilot pulled into the parking lot, I directed them into the last available space. (I was kind of acting like the traffic cop in the parking lot while everyone else was settling in at our table inside the restaurant) They got outta their Pilot and I went up to them and said, "Hi there, I'm Kemosabe!" They're like, "Say what? :eek: Who did you say you were...??? :confused: "

Boy, did I feel foolish... :bonk:

I wasn't sure if they were going to call for :1zhelp: from the local police...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
You may have noticed in the previous photo that there are EIGHT Pilots in the picture, yet only 7 members showed up! Well, we had a "surprise" visitor in a Havasu Blue park in the far right...
Fantastic!!!!! Who was the eighth Piloteer that showed?

Neat pictures!!!

:)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luckily, the owner of that Havasu Blue Pilot was pretty cool about it -- she (and her party) thought it was a cool idea that the honda-pilot.org members were having a luncheon. She was a good sport to park next to us -- I invited her to join us, but they had already made other plans. She did give me her e-mail address and told me to e-mail her about this site, and I intend to this weekend. Darn it, but I didn't have my honda-pilot.org bizness cards with me to hand out... :3:

She even joked with me about the scene looking like a used car lot with Pilots for sale!!! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping that the owner of that Havasu Blue pops in here one day -- she was a very nice lady!!!

So, from left to right again:

Darn Chevy pickup truck, klowry, Rumlmkt, weekendpilot, Ziploc, aerostar45, PaulV7, kemosabe, ???future honda-pilot.org member??? EDITED: The owner of the Havasu Blue is member Georgia Peach and the Cozy catering truck

At this time, everyone was inside the restaurant (and probably ordered refreshments already) while I was still outside waiting and looking out for last minute stragglers -- there were none, so I eventually joined everyone else inside at 12:20pm...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The day started off bright and sunny!!! It was definitely a lovely day considering that the D.C. area had 32 out of the past 41 days with rain!!! By the time we came out of our lunch from inside the restaurant, the Havasu Blue Pilot was gone (and replaced by a Jeep GC). Oh, that darn Chevy pickup truck was nowhere to be seen, either...

This was around 2pm or so when we all finished eating and received our separate checks... the waiter was nice enough to give us separate checks. At this point, there was a big, black cloud looming overhead... :8:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Excellent!! Nice group shots Kemo and good work on recruiting another member to the the BORG...I mean the .org....:D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was drizzling when we were getting ready to say goodbye. You can see the ground starting to get damp and the umbrellas were coming out... I decided to take a few closeups of our Pilots: klowry, Rumlmkt, and weekendpilot!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One final group photo of our SEVEN 2003 Honda Pilots before the sky opened up and the rain started to pour down!!!!!! We all said quick goodbyes and ran to our vehicles... :D

I had a ton of fun meeting my fellow Piloteers from MD and VA -- the food was pretty good (buffet) and the conversation was excellent!!! :18:

Everyone was very, very, very nice and I hope everyone else had a great time!!! :7:

Perhaps we can all do this again one of these days... :29:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a group photo of the people who attended, but I can't remember if everyone said that it was okay to post their faces here on the board, so I will hold off on posting the people picture until I get seven :29: from everyone...

I do recall a few folks telling me to "blur" their license plates, so I made sure that none of the plates is visible/legible... ;)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As we were leaving Thurmont, MD, I saw another photo opportunity and took this photo of PaulV7 (and his wife) in their Sage Brush ahead of me and Ziploc (and her husband) in their Silver...

...also visible is my Passport radar detector and my Garmin StreetPilot III on my dash!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ended up passing Mr. and Mrs. PaulV7 (waving to them as I drove by -- one of the few times a Pilot owner actually waved back!!! :D ), and as I was about to pass Mr. and Mrs. Ziploc, I snapped this next shot...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
...also visible is my Passport radar detector and my Garmin StreetPilot III on my dash!!!

And your thumb!!!!
:D

Great photos!! One question - why do people always want to blur their license plate in photo's? :confused:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A little further (farther?) down the road, I caught up with Speed Racer klowry in her Sage Brush as she was getting ready to exit (that's how I was able to catch up with lead-foot klowry -- she had to slow down to exit :p ) from Route 15... At least she's signalling!!! :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 127 Posts