Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pilot has a tendency to squeak and squawk when I’m driving at lower speeds and eventually stops when things get hot…I’ve changed the brakes and suspension so those are ruled out…it’s definitely something that rotates on the front end….I’m thinking CV axles but can’t determine if it’s the left or right side…I’m posting a pic, can anyone tell me if this is a HONDA OEM CV or aftermarket? Does OEM have these green stickers? Pics included.

·
Registered
681 Posts
They look OEM to me. I recall mine having a similar sticker and I have had problems with the passenger side one on ours starting at probably around 40k miles even though the boots looked PERFECT. Mine were causing a throttle dependent vibration between 70 and 80.

Have you tried letting the wheels turn while jacked up (or better yet on a lift) to see if you can reproduce the sound? From there you could do things like back off the brake pads and use a mechanic's stethoscope to help narrow it down assuming you could reproduce it with the car in the air.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
My pilot has a tendency to squeak and squawk when I’m driving at lower speeds and eventually stops when things get hot…I’ve changed the brakes and suspension so those are ruled out…it’s definitely something that rotates on the front end….I’m thinking CV axles but can’t determine if it’s the left or right side…
Try squirting some WD40 onto the SB bushings to see if that changes things a bit. Rubber boot on tie rod joint looks dry in the pics. Replaced my passenger-side CV axle with OEM after it began slinging grease but made no noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts