Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If anyone has broken links like mine it won't be just bushings LOL
Ewww. Don't you ever clean the rust off your car????

;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
And greasable, nice!

Removing end links that have seen more than 1 season of road salt is a nightmare and usually results in some sort of cutting tool.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Removing end links that have seen more than 1 season of road salt is a nightmare and usually results in some sort of cutting tool.
Yeah, didn't want to spook anyone with more rusty bit pics but that @#*! nut was tough to remove. Ruined two pliers and finally used a dremel to cut that nut off LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeah, didn't want to spook anyone with more rusty bit pics but that @#*! nut was tough to remove. Ruined two pliers and finally used a dremel to cut that nut off LOL
Now THAT'S more like it. I usually grab my angle grinder and sawzall any time I need to take off sway bar end links. They cut pretty easy and I just plan to do it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now THAT'S more like it. I usually grab my angle grinder and sawzall any time I need to take off sway bar end links. They cut pretty easy and I just plan to do it.
Here in Texas, it's just one quick zip with a small impact gun.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Might think about doing rear sway bar bushings while you're back there.
Actually, I did the entire front and rear suspension about 3 months ago. Now with it shored up, new problems keep surfacing. Had to do a rear diff bushings, and now with that shored up the CV is making its noise : ). I saw where there is a dust seal in the rear diff so i just got some of those from rockauto and will put in while i have the axle out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This literally happened to me today which is why I searched this. Started vibrating and pulling on Sunday (thought tires need rotation/balance, and a front end alignment for the pulling—no biggies, right?), didn’t drive at all yesterday, drove 1 mile today and slammed to a complete stop. Waiting for wrecker all I could think is I’m gonna need a transmission. Thank goodness it’s just the axles but also really glad it happened at 25 mph on a neighborhood street with no traffic or could have been really dangerous!
So, get it done because by the time it’s too late you could cause a pileup in the fast lane.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I know this might sound crazy, but the bearings pop cause they are not well greesed. If your boot is not torn or leaking grease, squeeze the lower part of the boot and force greese up into the joint. This isn't a repair but certainly won't hurt and may buy you some more time. Let us know If this quieted things any.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Mine is 2011 with 187k miles
You can not really say by milage. If those miles were driven mostly in town, I'd say your over due. If it's all highway then you may be able to go more. My 2012 Crosstour with 230k miles still has the original CV axles. 90% highway miles. It's the turning under power that wears them out more quickly. Boots crack when stretched in turns.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts