Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would appreciate this story.

I've been getting very few ooohs and aaaahs over my Silver Pilot (I think it's the color...it doesn't look distinctive) but I had this experience Friday in the carpool line at my little boy's school...

Two third-grade boys playing on the playground nearby are overheard. One says to the other, "Look, Gregory!!!! That's the new Honda! It's called a Pilot. Isn't it awesome?!"

Finally, someone notices. I give the boy a thumbs-up signal. (Wonder if his parents are on a waiting list?}

:p

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's great TopMomm!

I have been having the same experience - nobody gives the Pilot a second glance! I think it looks too much like the CRV. Unless someone has researched them, they don't know the difference. I must admit I had trouble telling them apart at first too. (Now of course, I can tell in an instant).

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
698 Posts
TopMomm said:
One says to the other, "Look, Gregory!!!! That's the new Honda! It's called a Pilot. Isn't it awesome?!":p
I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Head turner?

Don't feel bad about not getting second glances. As much as we :10: our Honda Pilots, the truth is, they are not all that distinctive to the unknowers. Almost all of the reviews imply some type of non-enthusiastic reaction to the Pilot's styling. I even read one that said styling was too strong a word.

It's the people who have had the "Honda Experience" that fully understand the true beauty of the Pilot, or any other Honda for that matter. Honda's attention to refinement is second to none, and it shows when you drive one and live with one. Rarely do you find an automobile in the same price range that becomes an extention of yourself as effectively as a Honda does. It is a mystique that Honda has.

Personally, I think the styling :18: 's!

·
Registered
135 Posts
We have been getting second glance but he best we are getting is "Holy **** that BIG" The expect a typical small honda but that is far from what they see !!! :D
Later,
Pat

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cute story TopMomm. I've said it before and I'll say it again. No one seems to notice the Pilot except die hard Hondaites. I have yet to get one thumbs up, questions, look, nothing.

It looks like Honda is hitting its future target market based on your story but lacking a bit in the PR department.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Actually,

My pilot here in jersey has been turning quite a few heads. . .too much for my liking.

I've had families at malls and shops come up and fawn over it. Others want to see the third seat, one asked to climb into it (no way). One family was lamenting the wait for their pilot. One whacko at a starbucks was getting a little too close for comfort.

And at Home Depot, some guy almost climbed into the driver seat before I said, "Hey buddy, if you want to sit down, how about helping me lift this plywood into the back?"

He walked away.

That being said, the Pilot held the plywood nicely. Couple of rubber straps to hold the tailgate, and was off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts