Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EXL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over a month ago I decided to upgrade from my 2011 CR-V to a 2011 Pilot EXL to handle more of my adventures (and all that storage). I'm excited to modify the Pilot and make it my vehicle, so I wanted to share the first one.

The first step was get some functionality. The vehicle came with side rails on the roof. Last week we installed cross-bars and yesterday we took it up a notch with the Yakima LockNLoad Platform. The best part, I still have a sun roof around town!

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Why would you photo shop your Michelin tires?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Haha, that's just the camera quality of a blackberry!
Whoa! You still rocking the BB? We had 3 BB Q20 holdouts at work last year and now there is only one left. I miss my BB but it was time as support all but dried up. Neat to be different but bad to be excluded.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
61 Posts
I Live in nyc so I installed my Rola roof rack with security bolts or fasteners instead of the included fasteners that come with the Rola roof rack. I also install Curt LED auxiliary lights on my rear cargo carrier.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
61 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
I purchased it on Albany Count Fasteners I used the Stock Rola bracket. The fasteners are M8 METRIC ZINC TRI-GROOVE SECURITY NUTS and you absolutely need to get the #30 TRIDENT SECURITY SOCKET INSERTS you need a DEEP Socket 22MM or an adjustable wrench because the screw extends the more you tightened it.
This was great because it helps prevent theft well it just doesn't make it easy.
Put some copper or nickel grease (anti-seize) on every single bolt/nut thread. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The first step was get some functionality. The vehicle came with side rails on the roof. Last week we installed cross-bars and yesterday we took it up a notch with the Yakima LockNLoad Platform. The best part, I still have a sun roof around town!
Your setup looks great. What size Yakima platform?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts