Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple of these stainless steel tips sitting around at my shop for almost 5 years and finally found some use for them. They fit the Pilot perfectly. Had a muffler shop cut the stock tips where it bent downwards and welded these tips on. Cost me $60 and it took him about 45 minutes. When you stand directly over the bumper, the tips are about 1" under the bumper so they do not stick out. Didn't get a chance to spray paint the welding area with high temp black paint yet. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Looks great. You answered the question I posted in your tire/wheel thread.:15:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
sweet....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks great. :29: I like the rectangular look...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Those look really nice. I'll have to check to see if Midas can replicate this.

BTW, noticed your license plate frame - San Leandro Honda?

That's where I bought my Pilot.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Those look sweet!:D

Now if only we could duplicate them!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are a few photos of my SS tips. They're made by "Pilot Motorsports" believe it or not. It's even embossed on the tips. They where $18 ea. at a local department store.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a few more photo's for you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
One more.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Last one.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just picked up a set of tips from the local Acura dealer. I asked the accessory guy and he had a whole drawer full from MDX's that had the gold tips put on. I picked them up for free as the guy said he would just throw them out. Came off a 2003 MDX. Moral of the story is, stop in your local Acura dealer and ask. It never hurts! Will post picks later...

·
Registered
288 Posts
hobbydad and litespeeds, looking good:31:

andrec8513 thanks for the tip I will be calling the Acura dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
andrec8513 said:
I just picked up a set of tips from the local Acura dealer. I asked the accessory guy and he had a whole drawer full from MDX's that had the gold tips put on. I picked them up for free as the guy said he would just throw them out. Came off a 2003 MDX. Moral of the story is, stop in your local Acura dealer and ask. It never hurts! Will post picks later...
I'll be stopping by the Acura dealer tomorrow. Thanks for that info.:p

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
What about Tim?

Tim, does your service department have any of these lying around from Acura owners going with the "gold trim" look?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I stopped by Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA today and asked about leftover chrome tips. The parts guy told me they don't do that many gold tips, and they throw the chrome ones away. He didn't have any, new or used, in stock, but could order them at $58 each. No thanks.:(

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
andrec8513 said:
Do you have pictures of the MDX tips on your Pilot? Sounds like the "price is right"!!

:claphead:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts