Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a quote from a local welding/fabrication guy who said he could make a front skid plate for my 06 pilot. For offroading. Said it will be around $200 for 1/8” steel. Is this a good price?

thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just a curious question after checking out the bottom of my Pilot this past week. What areas are you focusing on protecting with the skid plate. IMO the AWD system, fuel tank look vulnerable to whatever might contact the oil pan. If my Pilot project goes that far I envision using aluminum skid plates.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For now, just due to a limited budget, it’s going to be just a front skid plate. Protect the oil pan, transmission mostly. Ideally I would get a rear diff skid plate etc but not for now.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,534 Posts
I got a quote from a local welding/fabrication guy who said he could make a front skid plate for my 06 pilot. For offroading. Said it will be around $200 for 1/8” steel. Is this a good price?

thanks
Steel or Stainless Steel. Steel is fairly cheap and will be subject to rust and corrosion. Stainless steel is not cheap but is far more rust resistant. Most skid plates these days seem to be made with 6061-T6 aluminum Good strength, corrosion resistance and fairly easy to machine out the necessary mounting holes and access ports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts