Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!
I am in the market for a new Pilot and was wondering if any of you have just purchased or researched the going price for a EX-L with Nav.
I am currently looking in the Los Angeles area but I am willing to look beyond and in the neighboring states if I can get a good deal.

In the LA area, the lowest quote so far has been $32,380 which includes the destination charge of $460. Also, a week ago there were a lot of them available but now that I am ready to buy they have become scarce.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
you can save taxes if you buy in nevada right ???

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just paid $34,000 out the door (tax, etc) for a Silver EX-L with cargo cover, running boards, wheel locks, mud flaps, and crossbars all thrown in there. I had to work for it. I requested quotes from about 10 dealers and then had the two lowest compete for my business by going back and forth over the phone and email. Worth a few hours of calls and haggling.:eek:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome to the board FuturePilot!! :29:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is a recent quote I got from Diamond Bar Honda:

LX 5 speed Automatic: YOUR SET PRICE $26,890.00*

EX 5 speed Automatic: YOUR SET PRICE $28,853.00*

EX-L 5 speed Automatic (Leather): YOUR SET PRICE $30,103.00*

*Above offers expire within 48 hours of this email...
*Limited to stock on hand. Vehicles may have additional equipment at an additional charge. Tax, license, doc fee, state tire fee, destination and handling not included....

It doesn't have the quote for the car you want but you can request one from them.

Also, check out what members got in So. Cal. in these threads:

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2468

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1398

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=16&pagenumber=1&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=desc&daysprune=1000&x=7&y=5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wanted to thank all of you for your prompt replies.
This is a lot of valuable info. which can save me lot of $$$$$.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ramirami said:
you can save taxes if you buy in nevada right ???
Not really. If you don't have a Nevada address, you have to register the car in the state of your domicile. Then, the NV dealership must charge you your local sales tax and remit that $ to the state/local municipality.

Otherwise, everyone would flock to NV or OR to buy cars.

Some states, such as California, will simply refuse to register cars that residents have bought in other status (WSJ 3/13/03, page D1).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Kippy!

Thanks for the detailed reply.
I checked out the links and they were pretty informative. I am currently dealing with Miller Honda of VN but as of now, I haven't been able to get a good price from them.

I also got an email from Norm Reeves saying that they have just received 36 Pilots in all colors and trims.

Well, we'll see...

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Owner :)

Heya.

Just got a Sage EX cloth with Side Steps, Lower Trim, Mud Guards, Wheel Locks and Pin Striping for $29,300 from College park Honda in Maryland. We got a pretty good deal :).

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: New Owner :)

Saqs said:
Heya.

Just got a Sage EX cloth with Side Steps, Lower Trim, Mud Guards, Wheel Locks and Pin Striping for $29,300 from College park Honda in Maryland. We got a pretty good deal :).
Welcome Sags!! And congrats on your new SUV!! Check out the thread Beware of the Bait-n-Switch Game for user Hondanomore's bad experience with College Park Honda when you get a chance!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah. I read that a while back. But I didnt get any type of hassle whatsoever from them. I had them and Honda of Bowie in a bid war for my business. My buying experience went as smooth as butter once I got the deal I was looking for.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
That's great!! Like I also said (or posted) in that other thread, my experience with CP Honda was uneventful 6 years ago...

...but different people have different experiences (at the same place) and it's a shame that hondanomore had such a miserable one there!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got mu pilot ex-l with navigation and crossbars for 32280
at family honda in rancho santa margarita orange county .

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pilot Colors

Does the pilot come in a graphite pearl color? I saw one at a dealership a while back and it kind of looked like a metallic grey. The salesman told me that it was the graphite pearl. Honda's website does not list this color on their website.

I wonder if it was the multi-faceted Sage....

Any info will help since I am trying to decide between the black pearl, sage or the imaginary graphite pearl.

Thank you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: Pilot Colors

FuturePilot said:
Does the pilot come in a graphite pearl color? I saw one at a dealership a while back and it kind of looked like a metallic grey. The salesman told me that it was the graphite pearl. Honda's website does not list this color on their website.

Any info will help since I am trying to decide between the black pearl, sage or the imaginary graphite pearl.

Thank you.
It must have been the sage, the pilot comes in the following colors:
Evergreen Pearl
Havasu Blue Metallic
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Redrock Pearl
Sagebrush Pearl
Sandstone Metallic
Starlight Silver Metallic
Taffeta White

Sage is the closest to a graphite color, leave it to a salesman to confuse you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
prices in Oregon

Looking for best discount on Pilot EX-L in Oregon. Anyone have good results with any Oregon dealers? Especially along I-5, as near Grants Pass or Medford as possible, but willing to go farther North.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: prices in Oregon

3puttmax said:
Looking for best discount on Pilot EX-L in Oregon. Anyone have good results with any Oregon dealers? Especially along I-5, as near Grants Pass or Medford as possible, but willing to go farther North.
Welcome 3puttmax!
You may want to also post in the...
Northwest Forum
Lot's of info there too!
Good luck! :29:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Pilot Colors

FuturePilot said:

Thank you.
FuturePilot,
The new '03 Accord is available with the Graphite Pearl (GP) color -- not the Pilot. The color you saw on the Pilot was Sage Brush Pearl (SBP). The salesman just made a mistake and told you the wrong color for the Pilot, but it is not an imaginary color. The GP is darker than SBP, but SBP is AWESOME :4: I'm biased because I have one of course. I just got rid of a black SUV -- it was OK, but SBP is SMOKING:1:

PS. It is true that it "appears" to change colors in different lighting situations -- it's a chameleon, but that makes it even sweeter. Nevertheless, as long as it's a Pilot, you'll be happy -- trust me!

Happy Piloting :2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pilot Purchase

Well! I finally got my Pilot (Sage EX-L with Navi).
Although I got a good deal $1200 below MSRP, the actual process was very painful. The salesman lacked basic customer service skills and was anything but courteous. I would have walked away, but his manager interjected and since I had invested a lot of time and effort not to mention the drive from West LA, I decided to go through with it. Another roadblock was that they wanted my personal and financial info even though I was pre-approved. I relented when I was assured that they would not run a credit check and that they need the info to complete necessary paperwork.

As I was about to drive off the lot, I realized that the car did not have floor mats. I mentioned this to my “friendly” salesman and he tried to give me gray mats which he pulled out of another pilot on the lot. He pleaded ignorance when I mentioned that my interior color is fern and not gray. I was promised that I would receive them through courier but it has been a week and I haven’t received them yet.

On the brighter side, I love the vehicle and I am totally satisfied with my decision to go with the Pilot.

I would like to thank all of you for the great deal of info and also the hosts of this great website. Good job!!

Thanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts