Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2019 Honda Pilot a few days ago, but found the horn does not work after I drove home. When I come back to the dealership next day, the salesperson at the Honda dealership told me that the fuse was not pushed through during the pre-delivery inspection, so they told me that they just simply pushed the fuse back in, which solves the problem. It took about 10 minutes. I am not sure what they told me is true or not. Looks like a very simple fix because it did not take long.

Now I am curious, what does the technician in the dealership actually do during pre delivery inspection? Did the manufacture put all the fluids(engine oil, transmission fluid etc) in the car before shipping to dealers? Or the dealers need to put all these fluids in during pre-delivery inspection? On the day I purchased the car, I test drive the car I am going to purchase before signing anything. The technician went to another parking lot(which is 1 mile away from the dealer because the parking lot in the dealer is not big enough) to take the car, and put the full tank of gas, and then I test drive for about 7 miles. When I test drive the car, the interior of car is still covered by some covering material, and the steering wheel is wrapped by the plastic. So I think that the dealer did not do the pre-delivery inspection yet when I test drive. Is it safe to drive the car for about 7 miles before the pre-delivery inspection? I am wondering if driving car for 7 miles will damage the car if the car does not have all the fluids(engine oil, transmission fluids etc) before pre-delivery inspection. Not sure if the manufacture put all the fluids in the car before shipping to dealers. Anybody know?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
They are making BS up as they go. You'll never find out what they really did.
In Ontario, Canada, the process of safety inspection is a multi-page document, where some requirements are pretty lax, while others are very strict. The light bulbs are among those very strict paragraphs, yet people write in the forums and dealer reviews on Google all the time, that they were sent away with brake lights burnt out.

·
Super Moderator
4,251 Posts
This is from 2016, but the procedures should be almost exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
PDI flunky, ogling the Pilot: "Pretty sure it's a Pilot, not a minivan."

His manager: "Done! Now we can apply the outrageous markup."

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Odyssey : A Honda pilot comes with side cargo door for those Bigger passengers
Pilot : For those who don't want the side cargo doors upgrade
Ridgeline : A Honda Pilot that has a bed in the back feature for those who need that extra cargo space

Pre delivery inspection is actually Honda looking over the Honda to make sure you don't find anything to get things taken off the P note or money back.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Ask the dealership for a copy of the inspection report.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Honda Salesmen here: PDI it's a general inspection of the vehicle one last time before being put on the lot for sale. Some techs are more lax than others.. that being said the basics are done. They install the fuses, test the batteries, lights, connections, activate the GPS, setup the radar and camera systems (if Sensing is present) etc. It's typically quoted at a 3hr job per Honda. It can be performed in an hour tops. The more a tech does, the more they get paid. Soo sometimes they miss stuff. Also the Plastic, protective Film etc isn't a sign of a none-PDI - the PDI must be completed within a certain timeframe or Honda slams down the hammer via the Honda Factory Rep

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just purchased a 2019 Honda Pilot a few days ago, but found the horn does not work after I drove home. When I come back to the dealership next day, the salesperson at the Honda dealership told me that the fuse was not pushed through during the pre-delivery inspection, so they told me that they just simply pushed the fuse back in, which solves the problem. It took about 10 minutes. I am not sure what they told me is true or not. Looks like a very simple fix because it did not take long.

Now I am curious, what does the technician in the dealership actually do during pre delivery inspection? Did the manufacture put all the fluids(engine oil, transmission fluid etc) in the car before shipping to dealers? Or the dealers need to put all these fluids in during pre-delivery inspection? On the day I purchased the car, I test drive the car I am going to purchase before signing anything. The technician went to another parking lot(which is 1 mile away from the dealer because the parking lot in the dealer is not big enough) to take the car, and put the full tank of gas, and then I test drive for about 7 miles. When I test drive the car, the interior of car is still covered by some covering material, and the steering wheel is wrapped by the plastic. So I think that the dealer did not do the pre-delivery inspection yet when I test drive. Is it safe to drive the car for about 7 miles before the pre-delivery inspection? I am wondering if driving car for 7 miles will damage the car if the car does not have all the fluids(engine oil, transmission fluids etc) before pre-delivery inspection. Not sure if the manufacture put all the fluids in the car before shipping to dealers. Anybody know?

Thanks.
Pretty sure the car wouldn’t work/drive without all of the fluids that are needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
the_dude
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing