Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just an opinion question (feeling for feedback-curiousity is killing me). I know that Honda is selling the Pilot as "the ultimate family adventure vehicle" and that is awesome....but I'm still single, have no kids and I'm young at heart (33yrs actual mileage I have-hehe) just wondered what the ratio of you awesome Piloteers were between family oriented and single adventerous people were? I'm sure my man and I will get married and I'll produce some kiddos later (so even a better reason to keep that Pilot and have it for later) but just sorta wanted to get a feel and see what Piloteers we have here. Plus it's a better way to get to know ya!! :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Family!

There's a Poll section under General if you want to make an official survey.

As for me, it's definitely a family mobile. Three kids at home, plus 1 - 3 foster kids at any given time. So, do you use 8 seats often? The Ultimate Partymobile?

·
Registered
494 Posts
TexPilot,

As far us. It's just my wife, (not quite yet, date set for March 1st, 2003 in Las Vegas, at The Grove at Silk Purse Ranch) and our 80 lbs. Lab/Shepard mixed dog.

We have always been the outdoors type. We camp, fish, hike, and enjoy 4 wheeling too. Granted that I will never take the Pilot through heavy 4x4 terrain, I have my Isuzu Trooper for that. (which I have broken a few times, [Busted both half shafts, twice. Destroyed the auto hubs] but I keep putting the trooper back together.)

I will take the Pilot through dirt, mud, or sandy roads to reach our campsite or fishing spot if I feel it is safe. It is the perfect vehicle vehicle for us. We can drive in comfort, carry all our gear and go off road.

In the future we might have kids, but as for right now just my wife and I.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Married with children

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its a family vehicle for us. Its wide enough so that when the 2 kids are in their car seats (on the same row) they can't touch each other. The older one likes to pick on the baby, so the Pilot came along just in time!

·
Registered
171 Posts
It can for everyone!

I'm actually going to be learning to drive on this vehicle, and using it primarily. So, yeah, I consider a vehicle for everyone!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, if you have a significant other, a large dog, like to camp, would like to be able to drive freinds and family around if the opportunity arises, think you may want to tow something someday, ect., why not get the Pilot? To me its a true multi-purpose vehicle because of its interior dimentions, towing capacity, and decent AWD. Standard cars, SUVs are great until you have a third passenger (like your dog)!

-Newt:2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't wait to get my Pilot and haul all my friends around!! They tell me when my ride comes in I get to drive and take them at lunch, because I never drive now, unless it's just me and one other bud, and very rarely would cram in 2 buds. The 94' short bed, regular cab cramps my space. I always offered to drive though, told em they could ride in the back!!! Obviously that didn't fly too well!!
Can't imagine why???? :8:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just the wife and me. We live in Las Vegas and constantly have friends, familly and guests in town. Great for hauling five adults and two kids. When no ones around, we go camping or off roading in the desert. With the second and third row seats down, the Pilot has great hawling capacity. Took a 400 mile trip a couple of weeks ago and were very comfortable in the front seats. Really appreciated the center console on the long trip. Bought an antique rocker and table which easily fit in the back.

We selected the Pilot for its versatility. It drives as smooth as a car and has all the pluses with the extra room and road clearance. Safety was a factor also - two many SUVs on the road to feel safe in a small sedan.

If you do any camping, hawling or road trips, you'll appreciate the Pilot.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Just me here, but everybody expects me to drive to lunch. The Pilot's my 4th SUV, and definitely the best of the bunch. Great for hauling the friends kids to a baseball game and giving the parents a break.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well TexPilot,

It's just the wife and I right now and we're loving it with just the two of us. With the first kiddie on the way this November it's going to turn into a family hauler and I know it's up to the task.

Whether it's one or eight the Pilot delivers!

Cheese :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CONGRATS Cheesehead!! Keep us posted on the newborn when the time comes!!! ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Me, my wife 2 kids in elementary school and 2 dogs over 60 pounds.

·
Registered
206 Posts
4 kids, two Australian shepherds, friends, relatives, anyone who needs a ride...
:29:

...pulling a camper or hauling tenting equipment.

This is the ultimate family vehicle...I can't wait 'til we have one for ourselves!

If I were single, I'd still want one. :26:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Us and two kids (12 and 15) that it's nice to be able to separate by (1) activity tray, or (2) one in middle seat, one in third row seat. This is our first SUV, after a fullsize van and two mini-vans. Husband always drove the big vehicle till now, now I'm driving the Pilot and he's driving my beloved '94 Saturn SL2 'cuz he doesn't want to park the Pilot at his elementary school. Hubby was tired of mini-vans, probably a midlife crisis thing. (His second. First was a '72 Nova restoration in '90.) Minivan is "not cool" I suppose. But hey, this was supposed to be HIS car! Even used his birthday as an excuse to decide to buy it! I like the smooth ride and sitting up high, but am still getting used to parking and backing up in this big thing.

And oh, yeah, the lunch thing. I now volunteer to drive the lunch bunch at work, after years of not being able to fit them in my Saturn unless there were only a few of us eating that day. The minivan owner in our group is relieved, I believe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm only 24 and just graduated college...and I'm getting a Pilot. I'm a big guy (6'2" - 215 lbs.) and need a large vehicle to feel comfortable. I also still live at home with the family and occasionally need to haul lots of people. Another reason I'm getting this vehicle is that I am not planning on getting another one for a LONG time. I plan on keeping this for at least 9-10 years, so I really want to get a car that I really want now, and that will be versatile enough to fit any of my future needs. I really think this car is for anyone!!:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Grandma & Grandpa in our mid-50's - two GRANDchildren(7 year old GRANDdaughter diedn't want me to sell the Jeep Grand Cherokee until she saw the RES - then is was "oh, I like this one better" - Two adult children and one son-in-law. My wife is very active in the Methodist church, is an assistant schoolteacher and directs a before and after school childcare program (Columbus Club House). She's always hauling kids and "stuff" or traveling cross country. Now, if she'd just let me drive the beast.

My work car is 91 Honda Accord w/236,000 miles and counting - play car is 99 Vette Coupe.

Makes no difference single, married etc. - Pilot suits all of us IMHO.

:4: :4: :4:

Bake in Wisconsin
Havasu Blue EX-L RES
Wisconsin License Plate: KIDZR1

·
Registered
162 Posts
We've got three kids and a dog--one of the kids is in a booster seat and so carpooling in my old car was very hard to do.

I just want to tell everyone that my husband really wanted the MDX as I have mentioned in other threads and it was me who really pushed for the Pilot and did all of the research and basically handled the whole car purchase, BUT, having said all of that, after driving the Pilot all weekend, he turned to me last night and said, "You know, I have really enjoyed driving the Pilot this weekend. What a smooth ride. It was a very smart choice--good decision".

High praise indeed!!:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Married with one on the way. My wife has never driven it because I am a FREAK. I've always wanted an SUV. Recently, I've looked at the MDX and the Highlander. The Pilot is so much more versatile than the Highlander, and cheaper than the MDX.
I also use it to haul three Mtn bikes and three riders INSIDE. Or seven people to lunch.
I can buy anything at Home Depot now without asking someone for a truck.
Not afraid of mud rain or show.
Good gas mileage, yet enough power not to embarrass.
Get looks from the jealous Civic owners.

... what was the question again?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts