Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else move their cup holder between the driver and passenger seats to the "covered" section and have it get scratched?

You can take the cup holder and put it in the section that can be covered up so you can use the cell phone cradle and the cup holders at the same time.

However, if you do not lift the closure tab on the cover as you pull it back to cover up the cup holder, the tab that locks the cover in place will scratch the cup holder.

Anyone know how much these are? I have not talked to Tim yet, but thought it would be really cool to have a second set of cup holders......that would be 9 in all! That is especially important in an 8 passenger vehicle!

It's really not that big of a deal, but I thought I would warn everyone about the tab.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had mine in the covered area for the first week before I realized that I could relocate to a more usefull location. It didn't scratch mine. Are you sure you have it seated correctly in there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I picked up my Pilot, I also noticed that the cup holder was scratched. Apparently someone did not seat it properly in the covered section before the lid was closed. I just asked the sales to give me another one. So make sure the cup holder is seated properly before you close the lid if you put that cup holder in the covered section.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Interesting... I'll have to check that out tonight. I didn't know it could be moved.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scratch

I won't "blame" my wife, but I was out of town on business for four days and noticed it when I came back.

It very well could have been me who did it as well.

Like it was said before - make sure you seat the cup holder before you close the lid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts