Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, but is there anything available through the aftermarket that could be used to replace the cubby?

tia,
Bob

·
Registered
307 Posts
cubby? whats that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The open space below the A/C controls.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Need members to include location

in their signatures. Then we could learn regional/country words and phrases and new uses for old words, etc. That is the first time I have heard the work "cubby" used since a friend of mine used it back in the sixties. He was from Scotland. Don't mean to hint there is anything wrong with it; but every region has its' particular expressions and it's fun to learn them.:2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in San Diego and my Kindergartner uses the word cubby to describe the place at school that he stashes his stuff! I think every daycare & Kindergarten around here uses the word cubby. Is that not used outside of SoCal?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
It is a DIN slot, but need a trim piece that is not yet available in the aftermarket.
Guess a creative person with a demel tool could use the removed piece tpo make the trim.
Then you could put almost any DIN component in there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the confusion, I thought it was commonly known that a cubby was a storage space on the dash.

Here is a thread where the word cubby is used:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1431

When there, scroll down to the second post, "Dash."

Cubby was one of the Mouseketeers, too.

Bob
Canyon, Texas

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Well I thought... Cubby hole? Guess that's it. The cubby hole below
the A/C units. LMAO! It sounds so hysterical to say it now. :19:

·
Registered
289 Posts
BobCar...

your really dating yourself by knowing that Cubby was a Mousketeer. I thought I was the only one on this board that old.:eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
sd-pilot said:
I'm in San Diego and my Kindergartner uses the word cubby to describe the place at school that he stashes his stuff! I think every daycare & Kindergarten around here uses the word cubby. Is that not used outside of SoCal?
Yes, the east coast also recognizes cubby spaces!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Actually, if you want to really go back a ways, the space behind the rear seats of the VW bug (the original, not the front-engined copy) were called "cubby holes".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you read the Forbes article about the Pilot? It is a very poorly written article, but the author uses "cubby" to describe the space under the radio. Apparently, the Pilot rolls too much in turns, yet it handles well in turns???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
copilot,

Man, I am old: 56.

Of course, "Boobs" Funicello was my favorite Mouseketeer !

Bob

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
And Jimmie, Bobby, and Roy. Can't forget Roy - And Darlene and Sharon and oh yea - Jay Jay - Remember Jay Jay. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts