Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced 07 Pilot car stereo with Sony XAV-5000 stereo plus a backup camera. I also installed a steer wheel control adapter which were bought from crutchfield.com. The harness and stereo harness were pre-wired by crutchfield. After installation, everything works except the cruise control button on the steer wheel. The other cruise control button close to the drive door have power on, but it does not function which can not set speed. Anybody knows what is wrong? I have checked and replace fuse which dose not solve the problem. Thank you

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I just replaced 07 Pilot car stereo with Sony XAV-5000 stereo plus a backup camera. I also installed a steer wheel control adapter which were bought from crutchfield.com. The harness and stereo harness were pre-wired by crutchfield. After installation, everything works except the cruise control button on the steer wheel. The other cruise control button close to the drive door have power on, but it does not function which can not set speed. Anybody knows what is wrong? I have checked and replace fuse which dose not solve the problem. Thank you
What adapter for the steering wheel control are you using ? Some of the adapters need a software uploaded to them to properly work with the features your pilot has.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What adapter for the steering wheel control are you using ? Some of the adapters need a software uploaded to them to properly work with the features your pilot has.
What I used is
iDatalink Maestro ADS-MSW Steering Wheel Control Adapter

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Ok so you are on the right path ... but you only completed your task at %50 ... these units not only require you to download the firmware BUT you also need to customize your steering wheel ..(you need to tell the unit what features you have on the steering wheel ) see the pic I included ... hover over your login and click on my custom steering wheel . a software will install on your PC / Mac and follow the instructions...Nice HU Btw ! ..I just got this same unit on sale at best buy I was going to toss it into one of my 06's...let us know how it works! ... :)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Did Sony ever solve the crashes of Android on this unit?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Did Sony ever solve the crashes of Android on this unit?
Seriously ? Crap that's probably why the stupid thing was on sale .... gotta look for the receipt ...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Read the reviews. I do not know if there was a firmware upgrade for this model, but the earlier versions are notorious for crashes and intermittent screen blanking. They might have fixed it with an upgraded firmware, I just do not know if they ever did.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Read the reviews. I do not know if there was a firmware upgrade for this model, but the earlier versions are notorious for crashes and intermittent screen blanking. They might have fixed it with an upgraded firmware, I just do not know if they ever did.
Since it's been two days already maybe the OP already experienced the crash got lost somewhere and not able to respond back to the posting ? ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so you are on the right path ... but you only completed your task at %50 ... these units not only require you to download the firmware BUT you also need to customize your steering wheel ..(you need to tell the unit what features you have on the steering wheel ) see the pic I included ... hover over your login and click on my custom steering wheel . a software will install on your PC / Mac and follow the instructions...Nice HU Btw ! ..I just got this same unit on sale at best buy I was going to toss it into one of my 06's...let us know how it works! ... :) View attachment 132359
Thank you. I did the flash before installation. The radio control is no problem. I found the problem on Friday. There is a cruise control switch on the left close to driver side door. I need to push it on in order to use the cruise control function on steer wheel. I forget to push it on. The cruise control on steer wheel works!! The cruise control on steel wheel does not go through radio. It should not be a problem. For Sony XAV-5000, remember to connect parking brake wire on drive side (on the push down paddle) and reverse wire on the passage side (green and black strip)

Using Sony XAV-5000 for couple of days, here are what I found.

Pros: Both Carplay (Iphone) and Android auto work well. Start time is very short which is important for reverse camera to kick in. Radio is slightly better than the original OEM radio. Screen is crystal clear. Touch screen is sensitive. Manual is easy to use.

Cons: the Bluetooth is hard to pare and radio only allow for one phone to be paired. only one of Two USB connectors supports carplay or android auto to be plug in.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Nice ! ... Glad you have it resolved ... Also Welcome to the forums!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts