Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help everyone. I have a 2017 honda pilot touring and I am having roubles with my cruise control. I literally bought this car used CPO back on 1/21/21 and I brought it back to the service department last week for a few issues.
1. Auto engine idle not working - needed a new battery.
2. Front driver and pass seat were not heating - elements and cushion replaced
3. Transmission hesitation - updated to new software and replaced module.

I picked up the car on Thursday last week. And Friday I was traveling, went to use th cruise control as I have since I bought the car and it would not engage. I get no response from any of the buttons within my steering wheel. I do not know what they did while in service that now the cruise control is not working. Anyone have an idea of what could it be?

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Id look for a blown fuse first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I will look. But looking at the diagram. Where in the heck is the cruise control fuse? Can't find it.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
OK, I will look. But looking at the diagram. Where in the heck is the cruise control fuse? Can't find it.
If all your buttons are not working, it may be a fuse for more than one thing. I didn't see a fuse specifically for cruise control.
I'd also look for a disconnected wire harness that may have inadvertently been left unclipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel when the service department replaced the battery along with everything else they did last week, they could have either left something lose or damaged something.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
As to what it could be, I think you have some good suggestions already.

If you want a recommendation, I would take it back to the dealership that worked on it and explain the situation. If they broke it, they should fix it.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
You seem to be having a lot of electrical issues so I would be checking for bad grounds as well as what has been mentioned. There are grounding straps to the body and engine block that can get corroded especially at the bonding conections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts