Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the crossbars i cant remove the cover to install it. the clip that is holding the cover, has to be pull up or slide to the front, it is already one hour working on it nothing heeeelppp!!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
colousa said:
I got the crossbars i cant remove the cover to install it. the clip that is holding the cover, has to be pull up or slide to the front, it is already one hour working on it nothing heeeelppp!!!!
Check out this link. I think you'll find that others are having this same problem. There are some potential solutions here, but I'm not sure that any of them are the perfect fix. Hopefully at least one of the suggestions will get that cap off!

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105&highlight=cross+bar

And, of course, be careful not to crack them. Talked to my Service Mgr. this week and told him I wanted them to do it for me, because I was afraid of cracking them. He admitted, that they just cracked a set, but luckily the replacements are now in stock. Funny part was that they cracked the caps on one of their own Salesman's Pilots, and according to him, they told him they were cracked when it arrived! I guess the theory here is if I crack them I have to replace them. If they crack them, they have to replace them.

Good LUCK!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try a slight upward motion on the cover as you slide it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts