Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife gets into a car accident... now I have a new wife.
Just kidding.
She crashed our pilot into another car. Breaks two control arms bushing(replaced) and the driver side inner tie rod(replaced) additionally had to be replaced was the driver outer tie rod and driver side and CV axel..
Alignment was completed and now I have some very dirty sounding issues on the 4wD system when turning.
Additionally the power steering pump or some apparatus sounds like it’s under stress when turning.

So I disconnected the 3 connectors dedicated to the VTM-4 and now the sound is gone... however I have a VTM-4 dummy light and no 4wd.

Any suggested trouble shooting tips?

·
Registered
711 Posts
So my wife gets into a car accident... now I have a new wife.
Just kidding.
She crashed our pilot into another car. Breaks two control arms bushing(replaced) and the driver side inner tie rod(replaced) additionally had to be replaced was the driver outer tie rod and driver side and CV axel..
Alignment was completed and now I have some very dirty sounding issues on the 4wD system when turning.
Additionally the power steering pump or some apparatus sounds like it’s under stress when turning.

So I disconnected the 3 connectors dedicated to the VTM-4 and now the sound is gone... however I have a VTM-4 dummy light and no 4wd.

Any suggested trouble shooting tips?
Did you pay for the repair or did insurance? Given the amount of damage I'm assuming insurance, first thing I'd do this morning is call them, tell them the issues and tell them you are taking it back to the shop for the necessary repairs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The accident didn’t look like it was big enough damage so I did the work myself.
Car was towed to the house and I ripped it apart. I didnt consider if that sound or problem was there when I purchased the car a month before.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
No. The accident didn’t look like it was big enough damage so I did the work myself.
Car was towed to the house and I ripped it apart. I didnt consider if that sound or problem was there when I purchased the car a month before.

Did you pull any codes ? Since the CV Axle was replaced hope you didn't take any damage to the front diff internally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Additionally I got real lucky and found a Honda Pilot donor for the entire rear end.
Diff and CV axels for 100$!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts