Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently retired and have been keeping myself busy working on wife's Pilot. We took vehicle to Honda last year because of noises in engine and they produced a list of things that needed to be fixed amounting to $6500. I recently began checking things off the list as I fixed them. I have very limited mechanical experience but all the time in the world now. So far I have replaced: the lower control compliance bushings (recalled but we missed deadline), front sway bar links, and rear shocks. Every time I go into a turn I still get this creaking noise. The noise appears to be coming from the front of the vehicle. Is this a strut/coil issue? My knowledge is limited but am willing to diagnose and fix. I'll be doing timing belt next week.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Recently retired and have been keeping myself busy working on wife's Pilot. We took vehicle to Honda last year because of noises in engine and they produced a list of things that needed to be fixed amounting to $6500. I recently began checking things off the list as I fixed them. I have very limited mechanical experience but all the time in the world now. So far I have replaced: the lower control compliance bushings (recalled but we missed deadline), front sway bar links, and rear shocks. Every time I go into a turn I still get this creaking noise. The noise appears to be coming from the front of the vehicle. Is this a strut/coil issue? My knowledge is limited but am willing to diagnose and fix. I'll be doing timing belt next week.
Worn out struts will normally rattle when driving on a rough road. A creak could possibly be from control arm bushings needing to be replaced. Can you create the noise by pushing down on the front end? There is also a couple of large bolts under the front end that connect the subframe to the radiator support. If those are loose, it may create a pop or creak noise.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Re-reading from the beginning --

-- Are the noises there only while driving, or can you hear them just turning the steering in the garage?

-- Noises when turning in either direction, or in one particular direction?

-- Does uneven ground affect the noise? Like turning into a driveway apron from a crowned street. Or out of a driveway?

-- Noise just on hard braking with no steering input?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts