Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a search before posting, but haven't seen anything in the 2016+ Pilots with a creak coming from the drivers seat (I think). I have a 2021 Touring and when I take turns on a curvy road (sometimes just turning onto my street) there is a creaking noise coming from the drivers seat as I lean left/right in the seat. Of course, I can't hear it when the radio is on or if the heat/ac is running above the 3rd notch.

I have tried to wiggle the seat at a stop light or even when I get out and there is no play in the seat at all. I verified it's not the plastic piece on the frame surrounding the seatbelt as I had that secured @ the dealer two days after delivery as it was rubbing the frame and making a clicking noise. It seems to be more noticeable when I have the front of the seat bottom angled up vs. flat and obviously if I didn't need to angle it up to be comfortable I would adjust the seat to avoid the noise.

Not concerned enough to take it to the dealer prior to 1st oil change. I was more or less just trying to see if anyone has had this happen and if you figured out if it was a washer/bolt/plastic piece rubbing etc. I would like to just address it myself vs leaving it at the dealer.

If I missed a thread that talks about it let me know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have similar noise from driver side. I thought it's from the steering column. Turns out it was the window seal close by driver side mirror. A small piece seal wasn't trimmed and attached properly.
Do you hear that noise all the time, or just while driving at a certain speed? I hear the creak only when going around curves or turning onto a road and the weight of my body is shifting in the seat. I would hope being as though I am slightly under 200lbs that the seat itself would be able to hold my weight without shifting strain on the bolts etc.

Tempted to have my wife sway back and forth in the drivers seat while I listen to see if I can pinpoint it. It's like one of those noises that once you hear it you zero in on it non-stop. One of the many reason I got rid of my 2020 Acadia (among other reasons). That thing was non stop rattles and while I felt accomplished finding them and fixing them a new one would pop up a week later. I got tired of having velcro and pieces of foam all throughout the front area of the car.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Do you hear that noise all the time, or just while driving at a certain speed? I hear the creak only when going around curves or turning onto a road and the weight of my body is shifting in the seat. I would hope being as though I am slightly under 200lbs that the seat itself would be able to hold my weight without shifting strain on the bolts etc.

Tempted to have my wife sway back and forth in the drivers seat while I listen to see if I can pinpoint it. It's like one of those noises that once you hear it you zero in on it non-stop. One of the many reason I got rid of my 2020 Acadia (among other reasons). That thing was non stop rattles and while I felt accomplished finding them and fixing them a new one would pop up a week later. I got tired of having velcro and pieces of foam all throughout the front area of the car.
Maybe try taking Beano before you eat. (just kiddin!)
Does it still make the noise if you don't put on the seat belt? Any difference if you move the seat further fore or aft?

·
Registered
218 Posts

I only hear the noise when the car is in motion. It sounds a bit different at various speed. Guess it was caused by the extra seal flapping around. I used a pair of scissors to trim the extra piece. Noise is still there.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I only hear the noise when the car is in motion. It sounds a bit different at various speed. Guess it was caused by the extra seal flapping around. I used a pair of scissors to trim the extra piece. Noise is still there.
Have you tightened all the mounting bolts? Might be worth a look under the car in the neighborhood of the seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts