Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - first post of this forum. I bought a 2019 EX-L in March and have put around 4,200 miles on it. This past week I've noticed that when I get in and slowly turn the wheel(s), accelerate, and then brake, it makes a slight creaking noise. It does this a lot more when I am in reverse as well, such as backing into a parking spot. Is there anything to be worried about?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also have this metal on metal clicking noises ONLY when backing up and breaking with and without turning the wheels. I only hear two or three clicks and only from the front driver side. I don't hear any clicking if the car is in not moving and I turn the wheel all the way left or right. There is another thread about it here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s weird to see that several others have happened all around the 4,000 mile marker. Have you taken yours in to be diagnosed? I have an appt on Wednesday.

·
Banned
70 Posts
I have the creaking noise as well, it’s very subtle but typically happens when I’m in reverse or going forward very slowly. It’s definitely coming from the front end, I was thinking maybe squeaky sway bar, strut, or ball joint.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same issue here. 2019 Touring 4WD. Only makes the clicking once it moves in reverse after releasing the brakes and only for a second. Coming from drivers side front. Can actually feel it in steering wheel. Doesn't seem to happen all the time. Notice it pretty regularly if the Pilot has been sitting overnight. Will mention at next apt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to see others are seeing the same issue. I am going in tomorrow, so I will update my original post with further findings for any that are interested.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glad to see others are seeing the same issue. I am going in tomorrow, so I will update my original post with further findings for any that are interested.
Let us know what you find out. I haven't taken my to dealership because it doesn't happen all the time. Once you drive it, the noise goes away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts