Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...quick question:

I have a 2003 Honda Pilot. I used to own a 2013 Lincoln MKS. I still have a set of 19" rims/snow tires for the Lincoln. I'm wondering if I can put them on my Pilot.

From what i can tell...they have the same bolt pattern: 5 x 114.3. The rim is 19x8, and the Honda is 16x6.5 So they are def wider. But they have similar offset, meaning the wider size will be split evenly inside and outside.

Tires are 255/50R19 Lincoln and 235/70R16 Honda. They are even within 1mm of the same diameter.

Am i crazy? Could this work? Am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
Not a crazy question. One great site to compare wheels and tire sizing is Custom rims, wheel tire packages

I plugged in your data, but tweaked the Lincoln data to use the tire size listed online. I think you might be on to something even though its half an inch closer to the springs etc and half an inch wider. The wheel center of the lincoln is not even 1mm smaller. Hopefully that doesn't cause an issue. Online data has the Lincoln with 45% aspect ration not 50%

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rocky! I actually bought the snow tires as 255/50's instead of 255/45's. A tad more rubber to cushion the potholes.

The one issue I just thought of is unsprung weight. I wonder if there's that big of a difference tho...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hope the boss doesn't this posting that she can put 19's on her ride :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts