Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wish they would have shown the front of the Pilot! But I feel pretty safe after watching that. :4:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
gymeni said:
Wish they would have shown the front of the Pilot! But I feel pretty safe after watching that. :4:
Ditto that.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
so it survives a crash with a small car.....what happened to the crash dummies...

also how about a crash with a hummer :1:

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's hard to tell, but it looks like the other car took the brunt of that accident.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
guitarman said:
It's hard to tell, but it looks like the other car took the brunt of that accident.
It is real hard to tell from the angle, but it does not look like the passenger compartment of either vehicle was compromised.

Yes the passengers of the smaller vehicle experianced greater forces, but that is just the physics of the weight difference.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
And it looks like that's an offset crash (more dangerous than simple head-on).

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you play frame by frame, it was interesting to see upon impact that in one fame the driver's air bag deployed, then next frame the passenger's deployed and in a third frame the driver's side airbag deployed.

I sure wouldn't want to be in that little car in that impact. To think what a traditional SUV with rigid frame and body construction would have done to that car. Ouch!

-Pete

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
This is also discussed in this thread.

Mods: Wanna do a merge? :)

MERGED by colorider :)

APPROVED by kemosabe :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts