Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning my 2007 Honda Pilot has been in the shop for it's third day. in a nutshell. One morning last week I went to start my car and nothing but the engine turning over trying to fire. The battery was not sounding low if you know what I mean it was turning over quite nicely but not firing. After sitting about an hour and a half I tried it again and it started up. Having a scheduled maintenance check at my local Honda dealer I drove it there told him of the problem and ask them to let me know. I picked up the car in the afternoon they said I had a low battery I said to them, but it was turning over and not firing it wasn't that the battery was low. They said the new battery should fix the problem so I left the next stop I had I came back out of the store and it wouldn't start they sent the mechanic who was working on my car and he brought a portable starter with him or charger. I explained again this engine is turning over and just not firing he could not get it to start either later on it started I drove it to the Honda shop and there it's been. Now they're telling me they have to get their Master Mechanic on it to try to diagnose what's computers that they used to diagnose is not telling them any things wrong. Advice? Experience? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Wonder if something is going wrong with the engine imobilizer system. I believe the symptoms are engine cranks but does not start. Had you tried a different key just to rule that out? Do you have an aftermarket alarm system or Honda dealer installed system?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts