Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So driving home today my 2011 pilot lx randomly shut off. All theb lights stayed on on the dash but engine was not running. The engine cranks there is spark fuel pump kicks on but it just won't start. Does this sound like crank position sensor? And does anyone know where its located? I bought one from autozone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You sure the timing belt didn't break? The sensor is right by the crackshaft behind the bottom pulley.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the timing belt was replaced at 145k it has 150k now and that's the first thing I checked and it's good

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah the timing belt was replaced at 145k it has 150k now and that's the first thing I checked and it's good
Do you have any engine codes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No engine codes but I just looked at the cams while my buddy turned it over and the cams aren't turning so there's something going on with the the t belt. Its still on the cams but they aren't moving. Its only 6k miles old

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
249 Posts
No engine codes but I just looked at the cams while my buddy turned it over and the cams aren't turning so there's something going on with the the t belt. Its still on the cams but they aren't moving. Its only 6k miles old
When you turn the key to start it does the engine actually turn over? Or is it locked in place? You say it’s turning over when you go to start it but the cams aren’t moving. If the cams aren’t moving then at some point a valve would hit the piston and it would lock up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah bummer sounds like your belt broke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'm thinking the tensioner broke or possibly the sheer pin on the crank. The timing belt and water pump were replaced 6k miles ago

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Belt definitely broke oem honda belt and broke after 6k miles. Put a new one in and fired right up.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Belt definitely broke oem honda belt and broke after 6k miles. Put a new one in and fired right up.
You DIY the 1st one?
Any idea why it broke?
That is amazing if you had no valve damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts