Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Pilot EXL-Navi. Less than 4 weeks / 2000 km. I have observed a light crackling sound coming from under the steering wheel horn cover. It stops if I slightly depress or support the cover but restarts as I remove my finger. Anyone else has experienced this? Any remedies? TIA for any suggestions.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Usually it happens through the speakers. Did you get the recalls taken care of?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my case - it stops if I slightly press the steering wheel horn cover. Not sure if it is coming from the speakers originally as it is low (yet irritating) sound which is more audible on slightly rough sections of the road.

Got the veicle delivered on 30 July. How can I check if recalls have been taken care of?

·
Registered
813 Posts
You can go on owners.honda.com to check your pending recalls, or if you have the HondaLink app you'll get a notification that you have a recall. Have you experienced any issues with your infotainment display freezing or turning off while driving?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,267 Posts
Just for fun, you might want to consider taking it into the dealer to have that checked out. If the crackling sound is indeed in the steering wheel you might want to consider that, 1 there are a whole lot of electrical wires running through the steering column, and 2 there is a air bag right under where you are pushing.

Now some of those wires are very close too and at least a couple wires are directly attached to the air bag actuator. Nothing would ruin your day more than to be driving down the freeway and having the air bag rapidly deploy in your face.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
☝ This. There's a possibility that the contacts are misaligned making that cracking noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just started having the exact same rattle problem on my 2019 Pilot. Did you get any resolution yet? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts