Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

Registered
That鈥檚 good to hear. I bright it in and apparently the parts are back ordered with no date in sight. I had to leave Honda Service with a popping car. I鈥檓 going to go mad. I do 2+ hours of driving every day 馃槶
Brought*

Registered
Looks like they updated some FAKRA connectors and 4 new housings (part number 39817-TJB-AC0 91610). There were also some loose connections and fixed. Since the car is still under warranty (32K miles) they gave us a loaner car.

Registered
I had the crackling sound from radio. Got worse...dash panel blank and reboot. Head unit reboot. After 3 months, Radio would fail after 3 seconds. Took into Serra Honda in O鈥檉allon, Illinois. After describing ehat was going on, The tech, Mark, said he knew what was wrong. It was the MOST connectors. Some were replaced, some rerouted. Been 3 days, sounds great with no issue so far.

Registered
So I thought I fixed my 2020 EX-L Popping/crackling issues by reworking some of the MOST wires and wrapping them in tessa tape but the issue came back. When I told the service manager I was going in for a wire harness replacement, they said there is a new announcement out for all MOST connectors to be rerouted before ordering a new harness. These were the attachments, hope this helps.

I don't think this will be a permanent fix because it it's already making the noise, wouldn't that suggest that the cable is already damaged?

Registered
So I thought I fixed my 2020 EX-L Popping/crackling issues by reworking some of the MOST wires and wrapping them in tessa tape but the issue came back. When I told the service manager I was going in for a wire harness replacement, they said there is a new announcement out for all MOST connectors to be rerouted before ordering a new harness. These were the attachments, hope this helps.

I don't think this will be a permanent fix because it it's already making the noise, wouldn't that suggest that the cable is already damaged?
I just returned from Honda dealership, My new 2021 pilot (5k miles) has been popping for 3 months. Dealership says Honda is not supplying and parts to fix this, I am so ticked, cuts out my radio, sirius, cell phone calls, its a $45,000 piece of crap!.

Registered
my brand new 2021 pilot is doing the same, knowing that Honda has had this problem for years is even more upsetting!
My dealer says they are waiting on parts鈥 still waiting鈥

In the meantime, one of my boys did something one evening that used up the battery overnight. When we charged the battery and jumped the car, the snapping stopped. It has been quiet for three weeks now. The system has mostly been working and it got us through a long drive for a travel ball tournament. Hopefully those parts come in before it recurs because it was making me crazy(ier).

Maybe try disconnecting the battery to reset after your complaint is properly written up as a your local dealer? Then, call Honda corporate to get an update on parts.

Registered
My dealer says they are waiting on parts鈥 still waiting鈥

In the meantime, one of my boys did something one evening that used up the battery overnight. When we charged the battery and jumped the car, the snapping stopped. It has been quiet for three weeks now. The system has mostly been working and it got us through a long drive for a travel ball tournament. Hopefully those parts come in before it recurs because it was making me crazy(ier).

Maybe try disconnecting the battery to reset after your complaint is properly written up as a your local dealer? Then, call Honda corporate to get an update on parts.
good luck on calling Honda Corporate, they are just minions! no results after 3 calls. I might as Honda service about this?

Registered
We bought a 2020 Pilot Elite in April. I had none of these problems until the last 45 days. Now the radio (CarPlay, Bluetooth, FM) is often nearly unusable due to the loud, incessant crackling. My dealer (Rick Roush Honda in Medina, OH) said that Honda is manufacturing the parts to correct this. Has anyone heard anything new? It's unbelievable that this is happening to a Honda. This is our 3rd and we've never had a problem like this.
I have had mine since 2019 and no fix yet. Can we sue Honda for a breach of contract? Because this issue is getting embarrassing 馃槼. My kids are noticing this issue and now my once cool car has turned to daddy should get another car. Please let me know if you have heard back from Honda

Registered
Hi All,

My sister's 2021 Pilot Elite has this crackling issue. I am not sure what exactly they replaced (would need to look at the documentation) but the issue still persists. It's random and I am unable to replicate it. The bigger issue is with Waze. All of a sudden the volume will get extremely loud. The only way to resolve this for a while it to disconnect Apple Carplay. The dealer though has been denying there is anything wrong with it. I will need to go on an extended drive with someone to show them this so I was wondering if there is any thing someone has found to prove this to them besides going for a ride? I guess I can do that myself and then go back to the dealer to show them the volume doesn't work with the waze app.

Edit: The dealer called and mentioned they filed a support ticket with Honda. They mentioned that this a known issue but there is no fix for it. Not sure at this point if she can file the car as a lemon but will look into that unless someone here has other information.

Registered
I just returned from Honda dealership, My new 2021 pilot (5k miles) has been popping for 3 months. Dealership says Honda is not supplying and parts to fix this, I am so ticked, cuts out my radio, sirius, cell phone calls, its a $45,000 piece of crap!.
Yes I can agree that this is not good. My sister has the same issue and has given up. Most likely she won't be buying another Honda for a while. This goes to show IMO a firmware or hardware issue which they don't know how to fix without a complete re-wire of the vehicle.

Registered
2021 Obsidian Blue Pearl Honda Pilot EX-L
my brand new 2021 pilot is doing the same, knowing that Honda has had this problem for years is even more upsetting!
Yep...that's what killed it for me. It's been a known issue for years and there still isn't a fix. We've ordered a 2022 Telluride so we can dump our 2021 Pilot with only 9k miles. Going to pick up some fun sedan to roll around in while waiting on the Tellie.

Had it in for this issue (crackling) last Friday, rep said this is a known issue and they have the parts, picked it up Monday at 7am, returned it at 5pm because it started popping. They have had it all week and could not replicate. I had a video, so they've kept that and want us to bring it back again as soon as it starts up again. That's a joke because that's what we did on Monday and it's behaved since shooting the video. Very disappointed as this is our third Pilot (05, 11, 21) and been big fans of Honda for years.

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Touring, Grey
We bought our 2020 Honda Pilot Touring in December of 2019 and we have suffered with this same problem. The speakers will pop and crackle, even with the audio turned off, so there's no way to suppress it. Dealers say this is a known issue for Honda. Apparently, it has affected some 2019 and 2020 models, but apparently is fixed with the 2021 Pilots. Is there anyone with a 2021 Pilot that is experiencing this issue? (it looks like "okpiloteer" in the previous post has experienced the issue... I should really scan through all the posts).

I've had our Pilot in to two different dealerships, Dow Honda in Ottawa and now Portland Honda in Halifax. Had it in twice at Dow Honda, and three times at Portland Honda, but the problem remains. They've replaced all of the terminals for the coaxial cables (ie. the "Fakra" connectors) and they replaced the wiring harness in behind the dash, but still no luck.

In the beginning, we could go weeks without hearing the issue, but lately, it's gotten worse, and it happens any time we go for a drive that is longer than 10-15mins. This is getting ridiculous, and I'm VERY disappointed in Honda. I don't blame the dealerships, I blame Honda, as it is a manufacturing defect. It's been there since we bought the vehicle, and it's almost two years later and the issue remains.

I have a call in to Honda Canada and I'm going to request a 2021. If they don't take care of me, I may trade-in to Toyota (Highlander) or Kia (Telluride). My preference would be to stay with Honda, but let's wait and see what they do for me. Ideally, they would get me into a 2021 Honda Pilot Touring, exact same model, for no extra cost. Our vehicle has only 20k km's on it, so it should have good resale (assuming Honda can fix this issue... but now, they can fix it on their own time... i'm completely fed up).

Registered
Yep...that's what killed it for me. It's been a known issue for years and there still isn't a fix. We've ordered a 2022 Telluride so we can dump our 2021 Pilot with only 9k miles. Going to pick up some fun sedan to roll around in while waiting on the Tellie.

Had it in for this issue (crackling) last Friday, rep said this is a known issue and they have the parts, picked it up Monday at 7am, returned it at 5pm because it started popping. They have had it all week and could not replicate. I had a video, so they've kept that and want us to bring it back again as soon as it starts up again. That's a joke because that's what we did on Monday and it's behaved since shooting the video. Very disappointed as this is our third Pilot (05, 11, 21) and been big fans of Honda for years.
I mean, if they had the car for a week and couldn't get the issue to surface, what do you expect them to do? I'm not usually on the dealer's side here, but they can't get reimbursed for the work if they don't verify the issue first.

Registered
I was wondering if this was the issue I was having. My SE has 900 miles on it and my door speakers, especially the rear ones seem extremely low in volume. The tweeters are loud and seem to be doing the bulk of the work.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Elite
One can only hope they've made improvements and addressed this issue at the factory for 2021 model years. I have a 2020 Touring that was manufactured in May -- interested to see if this issue pops up.
News alert: it鈥檚 definitely there. They haven鈥檛 fixed anything. And when you take it in for replacement parts, they just replace the first defective compliments with new ones. This is a joke.

Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Elite
I bet that guy was frustrated when he found that they hadn't even applied the latest TSB before calling for help.
The issue will continue to exist until they rebuild the faulty components. They鈥檙e using cheap, defective products, making us do the runaround just for basic driving essentials like radios on our overpriced lemons, then placing masking tape over it just so they can say they repairs it. They aren鈥檛 repairing anything when they鈥檙e just taking out the first defective components, and putting on new defective ones. I鈥檓 not sure why this is rocket science to them. Like. Literally pretty simple for them to realize that this is an issue with cheap, junk materials that should never have been in our cars in the first place.

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Touring, Grey
So my saga continues...

I had our pilot in to the local dealership for two days this week to address this problem. And let's be clear, the problem is not just crackling speakers, it's also that the whole infotainment system shuts down and reboots. So, if for instance, you're relying on the navigation system on your Pilot (like we often do), it will suddenly shut down and when it reboots it does not remember your destination. So you have to pull over, re-enter your destination and go. Oh, and while you're pulled over, you might as well shut off the vehicle and restart it to temporarily clear the problem with your crackling speakers.

Anyway, we got our Pilot home on Wednesday evening and within 2-hours, I get a call from a Honda Canada Customer Relations Agent. He was asking me if the problem was fixed. In other words, "can I please close your case now?". Really?!?! Are you kidding me? I told him he'd have to wait awhile before closing my case, because the problem sometimes takes days or weeks to occur again after a "repair". However, the next day we went for a long drive and PRESTO!, the problem returned.

So yesterday, I immediately called Honda Canada Customer Relations and was told i'd have to wait for my case owner to call me back. I requested that he call me ASAP. But he would not call me back. After several calls to Honda Canada Customer Relations, and waiting for my case worker, who at this point I figured was avoiding me, to call be back, I finally called in and requested to escalate my case to a manager. After waiting about 10-mins, the agent came back on the phone and explained that a manager/supervisor could not speak with me and that I'd have to continue to wait for my case owner to call me back... well... I just got a call back from my case worker, and made my request for a new vehicle, and he said "sorry we don't replace vehicles", we have to continue to troubleshoot your vehicle. I told him i've had my vehicle in 6 times over the past 1.5-years to troubleshoot and fix the same problem and I'm not doing it any longer. I finally asked him what Honda Canada was going to do for me, and my case worker explained that I'd have to continue working with the dealership... so he passed the buck... so basically Honda Canada Customer Relations is completely useless.

What is Honda USA Customer Relations like? Pretty much the same? What a joke!! You'd think they'd care a bit more about their brand. And I can't escalate to a manager?!?!... REALLY?!?!. Now I have to decide whether to go to Toyota and trade in my Pilot for a Highlander, which is going to cost me. As I've said before, I'd like to stay with Honda, but why should I be loyal to a company that is not willing to stand behind their product?? I am extremely disappointed in Honda.

It's too bad, because without this issue, i'd give the Pilot a fairly high rating. But this issue is unbearable and unacceptable. Shame on Honda!!

Registered
I am contacting a lemon law attorney. I have had the same problem. Get the Pilot in March 2020. Took the vehicle in in June 2020. Fixed for a few months and now it is back. I have several meaning 20 to 30 calls into Honda. I have a case number but the manager NEVER calls back. NO ONE called back. This is my first Honda and it is a piece of crap and the company is crrap.

Registered
So my saga continues...

I had our pilot in to the local dealership for two days this week to address this problem. And let's be clear, the problem is not just crackling speakers, it's also that the whole infotainment system shuts down and reboots. So, if for instance, you're relying on the navigation system on your Pilot (like we often do), it will suddenly shut down and when it reboots it does not remember your destination. So you have to pull over, re-enter your destination and go. Oh, and while you're pulled over, you might as well shut off the vehicle and restart it to temporarily clear the problem with your crackling speakers.

Anyway, we got our Pilot home on Wednesday evening and within 2-hours, I get a call from a Honda Canada Customer Relations Agent. He was asking me if the problem was fixed. In other words, "can I please close your case now?". Really?!?! Are you kidding me? I told him he'd have to wait awhile before closing my case, because the problem sometimes takes days or weeks to occur again after a "repair". However, the next day we went for a long drive and PRESTO!, the problem returned.

So yesterday, I immediately called Honda Canada Customer Relations and was told i'd have to wait for my case owner to call me back. I requested that he call me ASAP. But he would not call me back. After several calls to Honda Canada Customer Relations, and waiting for my case worker, who at this point I figured was avoiding me, to call be back, I finally called in and requested to escalate my case to a manager. After waiting about 10-mins, the agent came back on the phone and explained that a manager/supervisor could not speak with me and that I'd have to continue to wait for my case owner to call me back... well... I just got a call back from my case worker, and made my request for a new vehicle, and he said "sorry we don't replace vehicles", we have to continue to troubleshoot your vehicle. I told him i've had my vehicle in 6 times over the past 1.5-years to troubleshoot and fix the same problem and I'm not doing it any longer. I finally asked him what Honda Canada was going to do for me, and my case worker explained that I'd have to continue working with the dealership... so he passed the buck... so basically Honda Canada Customer Relations is completely useless.

What is Honda USA Customer Relations like? Pretty much the same? What a joke!! You'd think they'd care a bit more about their brand. And I can't escalate to a manager?!?!... REALLY?!?!. Now I have to decide whether to go to Toyota and trade in my Pilot for a Highlander, which is going to cost me. As I've said before, I'd like to stay with Honda, but why should I be loyal to a company that is not willing to stand behind their product?? I am extremely disappointed in Honda.

It's too bad, because without this issue, i'd give the Pilot a fairly high rating. But this issue is unbearable and unacceptable. Shame on Honda!!
1. The agent called you after the repair because that's protocol. I would actually be pretty pleased to receive follow up like that. He probably has hundreds of cases like yours, and he's just doing his job.

2. Your case is very important to you, but like I said, it's probably one of many for your case manager. It sounds like he called you back within 24 hours (the next day), which doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I get it -- you're frustrated -- but Honda isn't going to assign you a personal case manager that does nothing else but wait for your call.

3. Of course they aren't going to just offer you a new vehicle. If you want to go down that path, it's time to contact an attorney.

Everyone is doing a lot more with a lot less right now. I bet their office is operating on a skeleton crew, and yes, it's very possible that a manager was busy with a bunch of other crap and couldn't talk to you at that exact moment.

Like I said, it sounds like you're done -- call an attorney and discuss next steps with them. Sorry you're having all these issues.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts