Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
That鈥檚 good to hear. I bright it in and apparently the parts are back ordered with no date in sight. I had to leave Honda Service with a popping car. I鈥檓 going to go mad. I do 2+ hours of driving every day 馃槶
Brought*

Registered
Looks like they updated some FAKRA connectors and 4 new housings (part number 39817-TJB-AC0 91610). There were also some loose connections and fixed. Since the car is still under warranty (32K miles) they gave us a loaner car.

Registered
I had the crackling sound from radio. Got worse...dash panel blank and reboot. Head unit reboot. After 3 months, Radio would fail after 3 seconds. Took into Serra Honda in O鈥檉allon, Illinois. After describing ehat was going on, The tech, Mark, said he knew what was wrong. It was the MOST connectors. Some were replaced, some rerouted. Been 3 days, sounds great with no issue so far.

Registered
So I thought I fixed my 2020 EX-L Popping/crackling issues by reworking some of the MOST wires and wrapping them in tessa tape but the issue came back. When I told the service manager I was going in for a wire harness replacement, they said there is a new announcement out for all MOST connectors to be rerouted before ordering a new harness. These were the attachments, hope this helps.

I don't think this will be a permanent fix because it it's already making the noise, wouldn't that suggest that the cable is already damaged?

Registered
So I thought I fixed my 2020 EX-L Popping/crackling issues by reworking some of the MOST wires and wrapping them in tessa tape but the issue came back. When I told the service manager I was going in for a wire harness replacement, they said there is a new announcement out for all MOST connectors to be rerouted before ordering a new harness. These were the attachments, hope this helps.

I don't think this will be a permanent fix because it it's already making the noise, wouldn't that suggest that the cable is already damaged?
I just returned from Honda dealership, My new 2021 pilot (5k miles) has been popping for 3 months. Dealership says Honda is not supplying and parts to fix this, I am so ticked, cuts out my radio, sirius, cell phone calls, its a $45,000 piece of crap!.

Registered
my brand new 2021 pilot is doing the same, knowing that Honda has had this problem for years is even more upsetting!
My dealer says they are waiting on parts鈥 still waiting鈥

In the meantime, one of my boys did something one evening that used up the battery overnight. When we charged the battery and jumped the car, the snapping stopped. It has been quiet for three weeks now. The system has mostly been working and it got us through a long drive for a travel ball tournament. Hopefully those parts come in before it recurs because it was making me crazy(ier).

Maybe try disconnecting the battery to reset after your complaint is properly written up as a your local dealer? Then, call Honda corporate to get an update on parts.

Registered
My dealer says they are waiting on parts鈥 still waiting鈥

In the meantime, one of my boys did something one evening that used up the battery overnight. When we charged the battery and jumped the car, the snapping stopped. It has been quiet for three weeks now. The system has mostly been working and it got us through a long drive for a travel ball tournament. Hopefully those parts come in before it recurs because it was making me crazy(ier).

Maybe try disconnecting the battery to reset after your complaint is properly written up as a your local dealer? Then, call Honda corporate to get an update on parts.
good luck on calling Honda Corporate, they are just minions! no results after 3 calls. I might as Honda service about this?

Registered
We bought a 2020 Pilot Elite in April. I had none of these problems until the last 45 days. Now the radio (CarPlay, Bluetooth, FM) is often nearly unusable due to the loud, incessant crackling. My dealer (Rick Roush Honda in Medina, OH) said that Honda is manufacturing the parts to correct this. Has anyone heard anything new? It's unbelievable that this is happening to a Honda. This is our 3rd and we've never had a problem like this.
I have had mine since 2019 and no fix yet. Can we sue Honda for a breach of contract? Because this issue is getting embarrassing 馃槼. My kids are noticing this issue and now my once cool car has turned to daddy should get another car. Please let me know if you have heard back from Honda

Registered
Hi All,

My sister's 2021 Pilot Elite has this crackling issue. I am not sure what exactly they replaced (would need to look at the documentation) but the issue still persists. It's random and I am unable to replicate it. The bigger issue is with Waze. All of a sudden the volume will get extremely loud. The only way to resolve this for a while it to disconnect Apple Carplay. The dealer though has been denying there is anything wrong with it. I will need to go on an extended drive with someone to show them this so I was wondering if there is any thing someone has found to prove this to them besides going for a ride? I guess I can do that myself and then go back to the dealer to show them the volume doesn't work with the waze app.

Edit: The dealer called and mentioned they filed a support ticket with Honda. They mentioned that this a known issue but there is no fix for it. Not sure at this point if she can file the car as a lemon but will look into that unless someone here has other information.

Registered
I just returned from Honda dealership, My new 2021 pilot (5k miles) has been popping for 3 months. Dealership says Honda is not supplying and parts to fix this, I am so ticked, cuts out my radio, sirius, cell phone calls, its a $45,000 piece of crap!.
Yes I can agree that this is not good. My sister has the same issue and has given up. Most likely she won't be buying another Honda for a while. This goes to show IMO a firmware or hardware issue which they don't know how to fix without a complete re-wire of the vehicle.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts