Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I fixed my 2020 EX-L Popping/crackling issues by reworking some of the MOST wires and wrapping them in tessa tape but the issue came back. When I told the service manager I was going in for a wire harness replacement, they said there is a new announcement out for all MOST connectors to be rerouted before ordering a new harness. These were the attachments, hope this helps.

I don't think this will be a permanent fix because it it's already making the noise, wouldn't that suggest that the cable is already damaged?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the crackling sound from radio. Got worse...dash panel blank and reboot. Head unit reboot. After 3 months, Radio would fail after 3 seconds. Took into Serra Honda in O’fallon, Illinois. After describing ehat was going on, The tech, Mark, said he knew what was wrong. It was the MOST connectors. Some were replaced, some rerouted. Been 3 days, sounds great with no issue so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the crackling sound from radio. Got worse...dash panel blank and reboot. Head unit reboot. After 3 months, Radio would fail after 3 seconds. Took into Serra Honda in O’fallon, Illinois. After describing ehat was going on, The tech, Mark, said he knew what was wrong. It was the MOST connectors. Some were replaced, some rerouted. Been 3 days, sounds great with no issue so far.
Curious to hear if your fix worked? Took my 2020 touring in for full rewire/pins/harness. They had it for week. It’s all coming back . So mad

·
Registered
322 Posts
It sounds like this issue has been around awhile. I'm guessing it must only cause issues with a small % of Pilots, or it would be cheaper to address at the factory through different parts or installation technique.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Took our 2020 Touring in yesterday for the popping sound. Service Writer says they still do not currently have a fix but would make note of our issue int he system. He said we would get a notice whena fix was available. He said the last fix isn't working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Took our 2020 Touring in yesterday for the popping sound. Service Writer says they still do not currently have a fix but would make note of our issue int he system. He said we would get a notice whena fix was available. He said the last fix isn't working.
Honda told me last week they sent a bulletin to the dealerships for repair . Dealerships are saying they need the parts from Honda. I expect this from Chrysler and GM not Honda. So disappointed

·
Registered
6 Posts
We bought a 2020 Pilot Elite in April. I had none of these problems until the last 45 days. Now the radio (CarPlay, Bluetooth, FM) is often nearly unusable due to the loud, incessant crackling. My dealer (Rick Roush Honda in Medina, OH) said that Honda is manufacturing the parts to correct this. Has anyone heard anything new? It's unbelievable that this is happening to a Honda. This is our 3rd and we've never had a problem like this.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
We bought a 2020 Pilot Elite in April. I had none of these problems until the last 45 days. Now the radio (CarPlay, Bluetooth, FM) is often nearly unusable due to the loud, incessant crackling. My dealer (Rick Roush Honda in Medina, OH) said that Honda is manufacturing the parts to correct this. Has anyone heard anything new? It's unbelievable that this is happening to a Honda. This is our 3rd and we've never had a problem like this.
That's the same response I got when I brought my 2020 Pilot BE to the dealership to work on the SB 20-047 and SB 20-051 last Saturday, so I guess no update on this but to wait. The crackling sound on my Pilot has been consistent now when in use and at one time it even made that exploding sound that scared my wife and kids. I still love my Pilot, but it's just so disappointing that this is taking too long for them to get the parts manufactured.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So my best recommendation is to call Honda Corp and file a case. This is the only way I got satisfaction . They flew in a factory tech to repair my issue. Took them almost 3 days to fix. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
So my best recommendation is to call Honda Corp and file a case. This is the only way I got satisfaction . They flew in a factory tech to repair my issue. Took them almost 3 days to fix. Knock on wood.
So does this mean they have manufactured that part and installed in your Pilot in advance? Do you have details on the fix that was done on your Pilot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What number did you call? Any of these?

General Inquiries: (800) 999-1009 toll-free
In-Car Technology Support: (888) 528-7876
Recall: (888) 234-2138

·
Registered
46 Posts
So does this mean they have manufactured that part and installed in your Pilot in advance? Do you have details on the fix that was done on your Pilot?
So I had 3 stages. 1) a week repair. 3 weeks after we bought it. They replaced all the wiring at the dealership. - didn’t work. 2) there were 2 recalls by Honda for this issue. -didn’t work.
they then flew in a tech and replaced all the pins. Unfortunately I don’t have any specificity . The work order is very vague .
It’s a known issue. Honda is well aware.
Create a case number. Start by calling HQ. They’ll assign you a case number and an agent. There’s actually a class action lawsuit out there on this. Gotta string arm Honda unfortunately. Took me many calls until they did the right thing. ( I’m a 7x Honda owner and this is probably my last)

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I had 3 stages. 1) a week repair. 3 weeks after we bought it. They replaced all the wiring at the dealership. - didn’t work. 2) there were 2 recalls by Honda for this issue. -didn’t work.
they then flew in a tech and replaced all the pins. Unfortunately I don’t have any specificity . The work order is very vague .
It’s a known issue. Honda is well aware.
Create a case number. Start by calling HQ. They’ll assign you a case number and an agent. There’s actually a class action lawsuit out there on this. Gotta string arm Honda unfortunately. Took me many calls until they did the right thing. ( I’m a 7x Honda owner and this is probably my last)
562-745-9084

·
Registered
6 Posts
The number SGM posted doesn't appear to be correct, FYI.
I called In-Car Technology Support: (888) 528-7876 and logged a case. They said to expect a case manager to contact me in 1-2 days. I'll update what I learn here.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts