Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had this 2019 Pilot EX-L with RES for just over 2000 miles. Started to hear this crackling noise from around 1500 miles. Now it is becoming more frequently, even with audio OFF.
Searched online and found this could be related to A/C?

Very disappointed. Recorded a video of this annoying noise.
https://youtu.be/6rZm5ARAi78

Does anyone else have similar issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Problem is pretty wide spread on 2019's with Nav and RES, mostly in Touring and Elites. A completely separate issue from the AC clutch / compressor relay feedback issue. Right now, Honda doesn't have a fix and is just telling dealers to throw parts at it to keep owners at bay. Taking mine in for the first time next week, they want to replace a wiring harness...

https://www.piloteers.org/forums/11...-rid-ac-clutch-popping-sound.html#post1612581

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just tested with A/C off, noise is still there. The car was started with A/C on though. Will test more scenarios, very frustrating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems the infotainment system is getting affected as well. It started to turn black while driving, the LCD and dash both turned black, and rebooted by itself. Now it becomes a safety issue...

Any suggestion if we can take legal action against Honda??? I did some research online, and I am definitely not alone...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check the links in the post I linked in my earlier reply. All kinds of fun stuff in there. Exactly what mine is doing too, btw. Wait until it starts completely locking up and you have no speedo or dash indications until you get out and pull fuses - doesn't matter how many times you cycle the engine on/off or open/close doors with the engine off.

There is a class action suit filed in the state of CA. Just remember, most states' Lemon Laws will not apply if you decide to join a civil suit (class action or personal).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seems the infotainment system is getting affected as well. It started to turn black while driving, the LCD and dash both turned black, and rebooted by itself. Now it becomes a safety issue...

Any suggestion if we can take legal action against Honda??? I did some research online, and I am definitely not alone...

legal action? sure, you can sue Honda, welcome to America

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only had this 2019 Pilot EX-L with RES for just over 2000 miles. Started to hear this crackling noise from around 1500 miles. Now it is becoming more frequently, even with audio OFF.

My 2019 Pilot started making the same noises at 15,000. It took 2 service appointments with the Dealer, which included them reaching out to the Factory directly prior to triggering Warranty work. They eliminated the rear electrical harness in the 3rd appointment as a source, so have ordered a new under dash electrical harness for the 4th appointment. Since I am in the warranty process they are paying for parts and labor - I just have provide patience and deal with the inconvenience of dropping off my car on multiple occasions, but I am hopeful we are on the path to resolution. Factory is providing some guidance, so it is clearly a known issue, but I don't know how widespread or prevalent in that model year. Boston area

·
Registered
72 Posts

I have a different issue with 2019 EXL. but this thing is very annoying. Mine is knocking sound underneath while on low speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts