Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do some of you guys experience crackling noise behind the steering wheel? It happens ones i am picking up the speed. Its kind of annoying considering i have only 3500 miles on my 2019 EXL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I experienced that in my 2019 EXL this weekend when driving on the freeway. I noticed it's the gauge plastic cover. I pushed down on it and the sound seems to go away when I put pressure on it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I haven’t experienced it in this one. However, it was with my 2006. Very annoying and I didn’t address it in time for warranty. But after 160,000 km, didn’t see anything bad related to that happened. I would take it to dealer and resolve it if you can replicate the issue while the car is still new.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I experienced that in my 2019 EXL this weekend when driving on the freeway. I noticed it's the gauge plastic cover. I pushed down on it and the sound seems to go away when I put pressure on it.
Have you tried bringing it to the dealership? I am afraid if they are going to fix it they have to rip the dashboard off and may cause another issues afterwards.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t experienced it in this one. However, it was with my 2006. Very annoying and I didn’t address it in time for warranty. But after 160,000 km, didn’t see anything bad related to that happened. I would take it to dealer and resolve it if you can replicate the issue while the car is still new.
If i will bring it to the dealership i am afraid they will rip the dashboard off and may cause another issues afterwards. My 2019 EXL is plagued with issues.
1. Clanking underneath
2. Crackling noise behind the steering wheel
3. Engine jerks while accelarating or changing gears

·
Registered
89 Posts
If i will bring it to the dealership i am afraid they will rip the dashboard off and may cause another issues afterwards. My 2019 EXL is plagued with issues.
1. Clanking underneath
2. Crackling noise behind the steering wheel
3. Engine jerks while accelarating or changing gears
Do you mean something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I’m having the same noise on my Honda Pilot 2019. What tick me off is that it only has less 500 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG!!!! This is exactly the noise I hear in my 2019 Pilot EX-L. I only have about 5k on my car, but it's been doing this noise just about ever since I got the car. What the heck is it????
Have you taken it for service? I noticed that you have only 5K only, have you had your first oil change?

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
OMG!!!! This is exactly the noise I hear in my 2019 Pilot EX-L. I only have about 5k on my car, but it's been doing this noise just about ever since I got the car. What the heck is it????
Sounds like a bad, impeded or underlubed HVAC fan spinning on my old Blazer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you taken it for service? I noticed that you have only 5K only, have you had your first oil change?
Yup. I didn't point out the sound, so they didn't look to see what the heck it is. nearly cost me an arm and a leg due to the synthetic oil. Whew!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue. I took it to the dealer and they stated that this is a normal characteristic of the car. All pilots have the same sound. I told him that my colleague that has 2017, it doesn't do the same sound. I think the dealer is trying to blow me off. Has anyone with the same issue taken their car to the dealer?

I'm having the exact noise in the youtube video.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have the noise on our 2019 and plan to address it with the dealer at the next service. It is constant and obvious. It does sound like it is coming from somewhere at the base of the windshield or thereabouts.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I have the same issue. I took it to the dealer and they stated that this is a normal characteristic of the car. All pilots have the same sound. I told him that my colleague that has 2017, it doesn't do the same sound. I think the dealer is trying to blow me off. Has anyone with the same issue taken their car to the dealer?

I'm having the exact noise in the youtube video.
Unacceptable. Your dealer is full of it. Call Honda corporate and open a case and report how the dealer told you this is normal.

We have the noise on our 2019 and plan to address it with the dealer at the next service. It is constant and obvious. It does sound like it is coming from somewhere at the base of the windshield or thereabouts.
Yep. It's coming from the tweeters in the front A-pillars. If I were you I'd let them know ahead of time so they have a loaner to give you, because they are going to want need to keep it...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeeeeeees! I think the noise is finally gone and fixed. I’ll post my findings soon after I get the paperwork from the dealer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The noise is gone. I drove the car all day today. Here’s the parts number that they replaced.

Rear mount blown

112103 Engine rear mount - Replace S/B: 06-083
50810-TZ5-A03 Rubber ASSY, RR.

I’m so happy that the noise is gone. If anyone had the same noise like the YouTube video, please take your car to the dealer and have them check the motor mounts.

Good luck all with your repairs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts