Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 pilot I bought March 2019
Never changed the transmission oil
VTM-4 light is on
Just changed the alternator + serpentine belt+ battery
I’ve had a mechanic change the oil pan already

hear a crackling noise coming from the engine...almost like grease popping on the stove
I checked and even though dark...their is engine oil and transmission oil. Car was sitting for a couple months . Just changed the alternator , serpentine belt and battery.
Any suggestions on what the noise might be???!!

ALSO when driving I hear a screech when I step on the breaks (I had someone change brake pads for me like 6 months ago...bought from eBay)

And sounds like something is loose and shaking sometime when I drive...don’t know if it’s the pulleys that I jus worked on but sound like it’s coming from the back so maybe something else

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,378 Posts
For the popping sound, verify all electrical connections at the battery and alternator are nice and tight. You might be hearing electrical arching.

For the screeching sound, check that the eBay brake pads have not worn down to the wear indicator.

And after you resolve these two issue do your tranny and rear differential a favor and change their fluid.

Reactions: aggrex and ConrodM

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,894 Posts

Any chance you could post a video in which we can hear the sounds and possibly which area they're coming from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts