Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and happy holidays!

Well, our 2019 Pilot has been working great for the past 6 months after having the popping, crackling sound , "fixed". The dealer had it for almost two weeks. Today, the sound came back with a vengeance, MUCH worse than before. This will be the Third time it goes in for the same thing. I wonder if Lemon laws would apply to this in Maryland. They really do not make them like they used to.

Happy Holidays,

Semper Fi

·
Registered
813 Posts
May I know when you took your car in for the “fix”? I may be wrong but I think Honda released a tsb after the recall which has solved the problem for many other owners.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first first time it was in February and they said it was fixed. The second time was after they had the recall/TSB in early September of this year. So really is has only been 3 months or so. They replaced the following items in September; 39165-TG7-BB0 | 39165-TG7-AA0 | 39165-TG7-BC0 | 39817-TJB-AC0 | 39165-TG7-BD0

Semper Fi

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Stive,

Crap, it looks like those parts have already been replaced on our 2019 Elite..Ughg

·
Registered
53 Posts
That’s disappointing you’d think that was an official fix. Definitely take a video of the noise and drop off at dealership. They will probably have to call tech line and recheck their work.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I guess calling up the dealer won’t hurt this time. Most people had this issue during the cold so it will be interesting to see if others have this too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slvr7, I hope that is correct
Hi I'm also in Maryland. I have a 2019 Pilot with no technology package and want to trade it in for a 2021 with technology. But with this technology recall issue now I'm not so sure. Would you still buy your car today knowing about that issue?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My wife LOVES the car, it performed flawlessly during this last snow; she is an ER nurse and had to get into work. While others were sliding around the pilot was rock solid. This issue is annoying but the car is a beast. This is out 3rd pilot, the first one is a 2005 and has 254K and still running.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We took the car back to Honda and they checked it out. Of course they could not find anything; They did say that Honda is aware of some folks still having issues after the, "Fix" and may be related to Samsung and iPhone BT connections. Stand by for updates!
Semper Fi

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It has not crackled for the past few weeks, and both our phones were connected. Very sporadic issue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts