Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 21 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family is fixin to load up in the Pilot to go get the shot. I hate needles. 😖

Reactions: ChristmasMom

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
The family is fixin to load up in the Pilot to go get the shot. I hate needles. 😖
Got my first last week. Thank god they don't take blood pressure before giving shots or I'd never get one. I have normal blood pressure but get "white coat syndrome" pretty bad at any medical visit. Honestly it was almost unnoticeable, thankfully. And the lady didn't mess around, she wiped my arm and stuck me immediately, no buildup on my end.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
I've had 2 of the Pfizer. Something about being medical provider? LOL
I wasn't even going to get it, it was not mandatory from my employer. A PA I met when I was in TX recently talked me into it. He had it and was nearly intubated sick.

I had no real side effects at all. Very little if any arm pain either.

The needle thing? It's quick and painless, it's IM. It's not like getting an IV and/or giving blood.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple of forms to fill out. Got the shot. Didn't feel a thing. A little weird feeling in the arm, like weakness, but so far, ok.
Moderna brand

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
Got both of mine already. Thats one of the advantages to being not only old but working at a hospital. I'm three days away from not having to quarantine if I am exposed and asymptomatic.

I was amazed at the fact that the actual injection was painless. Slightly sore arm both times and a very slight reaction the first time. Second shot a mild reaction (low grade fever) for about 24 hours.

I annually have a worse reaction (low grade fever, aches and pains) to the flu shot than I did with either of the covid shots.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I’ve been told my IM administration technique during the past several flu shot marathons have been painless. But I’m sitting on the sidelines for a while longer before getting the covid vaccine. However I expect the covid vaccine becoming mandatory by my employer for employment.

·
Administrator
4,847 Posts
I’ve been told my IM administration technique during the past several flu shot marathons have been painless. But I’m sitting on the sidelines for a while longer before getting the covid vaccine. However I expect the covid vaccine becoming mandatory by my employer for employment.
Don't know the facts to it, but I was told by the nurses administering the covid shots that the persons having the worse reactions to the shot are the people that have already had Covid. One of my doctors nurses had a strong reaction to the vaccine, and it turns out that she had covid a few months earlier, so there may be some truth to the story.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Feel a little stiffness in my neck. Mild Pectoral and shoulder muscle weirdness as this stuff courses through my body.

·
Administrator
4,847 Posts
Feel a little stiffness in my neck. Mild Pectoral and shoulder muscle weirdness as this stuff courses through my body.
Didn't have the neck stiffness, slight shoulder pain. I think weirdness explains it best. I didn't have any aches or pains, or fever the first time, I just felt off. It wasn't even feeling bad, just felt off. Hard to explain. Second shot my fever went to 99.7 for 24 hours, with the normal mild symptoms that go with a low grade fever.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Don't know the facts to it, but I was told by the nurses administering the covid shots that the persons having the worse reactions to the shot are the people that have already had Covid. One of my doctors nurses had a strong reaction to the vaccine, and it turns out that she had covid a few months earlier, so there may be some truth to the story.
My wife is studying to become a PA and they often discuss the status of this stuff... apparently this is unofficial but the research is indicating those who had COVID have more of a reaction to the vaccine.

Take some ibuprofen yet? I did before going to bed just so I didn't wake up with any pain or fever but I had no side effects outside of the sore arm.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Sorry guys maybe you should try SPUTNIK V?
How is the vaccine roll out in Russia? I remember the media saying Russia had a vaccine but nobody believed it then silence on the subject. Are you using a domestically made vaccine only or are there facilities to produce other brand vaccines?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't have the neck stiffness, slight shoulder pain. I think weirdness explains it best. I didn't have any aches or pains, or fever the first time, I just felt off. It wasn't even feeling bad, just felt off. Hard to explain. Second shot my fever went to 99.7 for 24 hours, with the normal mild symptoms that go with a low grade fever.
I really need my arm strength to turn a wrench. I dunno if I could have got my back side stuck out the window of a pilot. smirk They were hearding us through really quick like cattle.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I really need my arm strength to turn a wrench. I dunno if I could have got my back side stuck out the window of a pilot. smirk They were hearding us through really quick like cattle.
Do they make you park somewhere so they can observe you after the shot? Where I went (an empty Sears store) there was a very large area with seats where you had to wait 1/2 hour after your shot so they could observe you in case you had a bad allergic reaction. I'm surprised if they just herded you through a drive through setup and let you leave right away.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do they make you park somewhere so they can observe you after the shot? Where I went (an empty Sears store) there was a very large area with seats where you had to wait 1/2 hour after your shot so they could observe you in case you had a bad allergic reaction. I'm surprised if they just herded you through and let you leave.
We stayed in the Pilot. After the shot, we parked for 15 minutes. A person with a stop watch was monitoring each vehicles time.

Reactions: jimmaki

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
When I was driving back from a business trip a couple weeks ago, the freeway traffic backup to get to the Oakland Coliseum must have been half a mile long. Glad to hear your waits are shorter than that.

Reactions: Nail Grease
1 - 21 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.